cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android update to 4.4.3

rsmnet
I've Been Around

Does anyone know when the update 4.4.3 for the wonky kitkat 4.4.2 build is going to come out.  I'm getting tired of having my S4 bail on the various bugs that are plaiging this build.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Android update to 4.4.3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

That is correct but as you said many may not get it within the next couple of days. built versions are KTU84L, except for the Nexus 5, which sports KTU84M.

As for the other phones. Its up to the manufacturer & carriers as you said but i do not think most will release it unless its the pretty important update which fixes major updates. Most carriers / manufactures wait for a bigger update. Some will get this update & the other ones.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razorktu84l

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Considering it's not even out for the Nexus line of phones yet, it's going to be a long while before Samsung releases anything.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rsmnet

Google had not yet released this to the public.  Samsung will release it a few months after Google does ( carrier approval and such).  So i wouldn't be holding my breath for it now. 

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around
Just downloaded an update. Hopefully its 4.4.3

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't know what the update was. I'm still 4.4.2 after 😞 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Canuck604

It wasn't 4.4.3. Its not even out or been released yet. You got a small software update which is still the same current 4.4.2.

fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet & during the initial set-up it did the OS upgrade to 4.4.2  I was shocked @ this as I recently got the Mega 6.3 as a phone upgrade & I am still waiting for the upgrade to 4.4.2  The strange thing is I was once told that it is Sansung release but the new Note 8.0 is a Samsung but not on any carrier.  Just straight wifi only.  This tells me that it is a rogers release for the Mega to be upgraded.  How bout it Rogers????  When are we going to upgrade the mega?Cat Frustrated

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello fysty-1

The Mega update will come within the next couple of days. This was said on Mobile syrup and other sites. They wont give a ETA tho

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

4.4.3 for Nexus devices (N4, N5, N7 [1st and 2nd gen] and N10) are now available but it may take a few days for the update to hit all the devices.  Other phones will be dependent on the vendor/carrier roll-out schedules.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

That is correct but as you said many may not get it within the next couple of days. built versions are KTU84L, except for the Nexus 5, which sports KTU84M.

As for the other phones. Its up to the manufacturer & carriers as you said but i do not think most will release it unless its the pretty important update which fixes major updates. Most carriers / manufactures wait for a bigger update. Some will get this update & the other ones.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razorktu84l

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

What you've said does not contradict with what I've said:  I intentionally made "dependent on the vendor/carrier roll-out schedules" broad: that schedule maybe one month, maybe three months, maybe no plans and wait for the "next big thing" - whatever that maybe.

If one is really, really desperate for 4.4.3 for their Nexus device, the factory image is available at this very second for immediate flashing - although going this route will involve a complete wipe of the phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

That is correct. I really would just wait for the update instead of just flashing it my self. Either way its up to the person that wants the update & has time to wipe the phone & install the factory image & start over again.

EDIT - Motorola will be sending out the 4.4.3 update out to the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E users in parts of the world this week. While Canadians may have to wait a little bit longer for their carriers to approve the new software,

There isn't any word when Rogers will be getting this update but i am sure they will soon.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/06/03/motorola-details-android-4-4-3-update-for-the-moto-x-moto-g-and-mo...

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

Moto has done a great job in terms of keeping updates so far for the phones released as of last year.  Hopefully that momentum won't get lost when it gets transferred to Lenovo.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello rgl168

Agreed. It seems Motorola in the hands on Google was sending out updates & fixing problems. Hopefully as you said it doesn't get lost when it gets fully transferred to Lenovo. Already customers are not going with Moto because of their past updating system & if this happens again, i doubt we will see anyone getting a Moto device.

brucelazerte
I Plan to Stick Around

4.4.3 update just appeared on our Nexus 5. 

Installed and works well.

fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

Lucky you.  Still waiting for my Mega 6.3.  I got a Hote 8 that is wifi only.  It came with Jelly Bean & during initial set-up I was interupted with Samsung doing an upgrade to 4.4.2 KitKat.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello fysty-1

Rogers has put "Coming Soon" for the Mega to be getting the 4.4 update. They wont give a firm ETA tho. So it should be soon.

fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

Of course they won't.  They have never been good @ committing.Smiley Frustrated

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello fysty-1

Most carriers don't give a ETA unless they update is done going threw the tests and know for sure it will be released on that date.

fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

Hip Hip Hoorah!!!  Rogers finally updated my Mega 6.3 today.  Smiley Very Happy

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello fysty-1

There you go! Have fun and enjoy the update 🙂
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 in conversation