cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android social networking problem

nishanth18
I've Been Here Awhile

I just changed my phone from a BlackBerry to an Android and I'm having trouble connecting to facebook
I still have my old plan which is the BB social plan , which has unlimited social networking (including facebok), but it doesn't seem to work on my new phone.  Is there a reason why or do i have to change my plan to make it work?
Thanks for any help.

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Android social networking problem

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You need to change it to a normal Smartphone social networking plan. The Blackberry social networking is ONLY made  for Blackberries. I had tha same issue as you & once i called & change it to a normal smartphone plan it worked.

Call Rogers ( *611 free from your phone) & ask them to change it for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You need to change it to a normal Smartphone social networking plan. The Blackberry social networking is ONLY made  for Blackberries. I had tha same issue as you & once i called & change it to a normal smartphone plan it worked.

Call Rogers ( *611 free from your phone) & ask them to change it for you.

View solution in original post

nishanth18
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the fast reply 🙂
Do you know how much of a price difference it would be to get the smartphone social networking? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Depending on what Plan you have you can look here & see which one is for you. The only plans that have unlimited social networking is Blackberry. The normal smartphone plans have data you can use. If you want you can go with the 500MB data with a plan & it will last you. I have had this plan before & i never went more then 500MB just going on twitter / facebook & MSN. You can also add for another $5 to make it 1GB.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans

nishanth18
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay thanks a lot 🙂
I will call them and change it as soon as i can !

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Your welcome 🙂