Android Pay

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donaldsnow
I Plan to Stick Around

Android Pay

Anyone having issues setting android pay?  Same type of card works for some but not others.

thank you

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersZia

Re: Android Pay

Hi @donaldsnow,

Android pay is definitely a worry-free secure way to make payments.

I see the other users have recommended you to contact Google, were you able to get your issue resolved?

Just as an FYI here's some info on participating banks and retail outlets. 

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @donaldsnow

This is a issue that is happening across the board with many banks. I had a issue and had to contact Google.

Unfortunately this is a Rogers forum and the app is from Google it self.. Best to ask this question to your bank and or Google tech support. They should be able to assist you better.
sghurrie
I've Been Around

Basically RBC and TD/MBNA won't be using Android Pay currently from what I gather as they are pushing people in using their own form of payments. I think most credit unions are behind so Android Pay won't be coming for a while.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sghurrie

That is true. TD bank also works with another app which does the same. So at the end it's up to the banks to support it or not
ndy4eva
I Plan to Stick Around

RBC has it's own RBC wallet app which provides mobile payment for Interac, and MasterCard.  It works, but not as easy as Android Pay.  I'd like to use Android Pay over RBC wallet app as primary mobile payment solution.

The RBC wallet app needs to be launched and select the payment card before "tap&pay".  Android Pay works without launching app, and wait for initialization.  Simply unlock the phone, and you can "tap&pay".  It's much simpler to use.

RogersZia

Hi @donaldsnow,

Android pay is definitely a worry-free secure way to make payments.

I see the other users have recommended you to contact Google, were you able to get your issue resolved?

Just as an FYI here's some info on participating banks and retail outlets. 

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersZia

View solution in original post

donaldsnow
I Plan to Stick Around

My Android Pay works fin now

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @donaldsnow

Glad to hear! 🙂
RKA
I've Been Around

When is the Rogers MC getting on Android Pay?  Right now it looks like its the only financial institution without a mobile wallet. RBC and TD have their own and everyone else seems to be on Android Pay.

RogersMoin

Hello, @RKA

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I would love to use the Android Pay as well, thank you for joining and posting your query in the Community. At this moment, the information regarding the Android Pay on Rogers MC is not available to us. We will update this thread as any information become available to us. Thank you for understanding. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin