(Android) Mobile Backup [Xperia arc]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

(Android) Mobile Backup [Xperia arc]

Anyone else with an Android device have this working?

When I try loading it up on my Rogers Sony Xperia arc, a popup appears: "Unrecognized device. Please try again later."

Image: http://moby.to/8877jb

It's not a big deal since I use (better) 3rd-party backup programs, but it's annoying that an unremovable application is bundled with a phone that apparently isn't supported.

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: (Android) Mobile Backup [Xperia arc]

Same problem here.  Initially got message it could be run over WiFi, so I turned off WiFi and tried using 3G, then got the same unrecognized device error.  Just got off phone with Rogers Tech Support, they have escalated to Level 2 since this is a Rogers app.

Retired Moderator RogersShehzad
Retired Moderator

Hello JPTN,

Were you able to get this issue resolved with your mobile back up application? If not you may want to speak to our phone support team and have your issue escalated to our network support team as it is a Rogers application.

I've Been Here Awhile

No the issue is still unresolved and I did have it escalated, but as usual, I never hear(d) back from Rogers.  In addition, in the meantime, I also have a Rogers Samsung Nexus S and I get the same "unrecognized device" error on that phone.  Seems to me that Rogers needs to address this for all Android phones, and ASAP.

I've Been Around

same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've Been Around

I'm having the same problem and was just hoping it had something do do with going from BBry to Android -- I am calling today and will tell you if I learn anything
I've Been Around

Re: (Android) Mobile Backup

I can't get mobilebackup.rogers.com to even open on my phone so I can go on and try to back up.  The app seems to be missing now as well?

Matt

I'm a Senior Contributor

Mobile backup was shut down a long time ago...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Matgyver

Mobile backup from Rogers was shut down about a year and half ago. You can download third party apps that can back up certain things from your phone or download a program like Samsung Kies ( For Samsung phones) HTC Sync desktop ( For HTC phones), BlackBerry Link ( BlackBerry 10 phones), BlackBerry Desktop software ( Older BlackBerry devices). On your computer and you can back up your device.