Android 4.2.2 release.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android 4.2.2 release.

Hello novaman

No word yet Sadly on when its coming out. I am starting to think maybe they will ditch 4.2 and update it straight to 4.3. Rumors have it that is what is going to happen.
I Plan to Stick Around

a big waiting game

I Plan to Stick Around

i am running 4.0 on my tablet now

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello novaman

It is a waiting game. Most likely beginning of October it should be out
I Plan to Stick Around

lets hope so
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello novaman

Send a email or contact Samsung Canada. They will most likely tell u to contact Rogers but see what they say.
I Plan to Stick Around

ok
I've Been Here Awhile

What horrible customer service.  The very least they could do is inform their customers what their plans are for upgrading the OS.  Updating their OS upgrade thread twice a year shows just how much they care about their customers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SpecimenYarp

Samsung Canada has said all Canadian carriers will Release the update in November. Rogers can't just give out a ETA because u want it. Remember, if they miss that ETA i am sure you would complain, correct? This way they don't have to deal with a mod of customers complaining why they missed the ETA they gave out. Its not really horrible service at all as all Canadian carriers do this. The updates are given from Samsung Canada. If the carriers wish to release them, they will after testing is done.

Now For Samsung Canada, they have the choice to release info or the update depending if the device can handle it. Many of you may not understand it but some new updates can not be handled by older devices with older hardware.