Android 4.2.2 release.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Android 4.2.2 release.

I was just wondering if this is coming out soon, mainly for the s3. Just wondering because I think the 4.2.3 will be out soon and it isn't like rogers to delay things an extremely LONG time. Smiley Indifferent

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Android 4.2.2 release.

No one knows yet, and since this version of JB is not out globablly for the S3, you'd have to wait for Samsung to release the software to the carriers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skad

This has been asked many times on here. A quick search on here will show you what you are looking for..

Like AnonymousUser said, its not out in the world is its up to Samsung to send it out to the carriers. After that its up to the carriers what they put in and how long it takes. Rogers will not give a ETA when it will come as they have no info yet.
I'm Here A Lot

I did a couple searches before posting. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Your not the only one that is outraged by this my friend. Samsung has lost my business already no matter what they make from now on, I am going back to apple. Why should I be treated differently than someone with a global version of the phone and have to wait half a year longer for the same update. Cannot wait for my contract to expire. Appsolutely terrible service in my opinion.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Question, what does 4.2.2 bring to the table that you absolutely must have?

One thing to keep in mind with Apple, although they may bring a new iOS to their older devices, it's usually a watered down version, so in my opinion, I'd rather wait a bit and get the full functionality on a Samsung, than get a crippled version on Apple products.

I'm Here A Lot

4.2.2 for tablet or phone allows for multi window fuctions among other things. Bug fixes as well. Now 4.2.2 came out in February and there are a lot of places you can learn to update outside your provider. Rogers doesn't really do anything to the factory operating systems so I have no idea why it takes them so long to get it, but even still I am too scared to update on my own so I keep waiting. Rogers is a very slow company for updated stuff though so I am not sure why this surprises me so much. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

So mult window is what you are looking for mostly?  I have it on my Note 2, and never use it, but that's just my opinion.

It's actually nothing to do with Rogers at this time, Samsung hasn't released this software for the S3 globally, so you should try contacting Samsung to see what they say.

If the absolute latest software is the most important feature to you, rather than the actual features a phone has, you should probably pick up a Nexus device, that sounds like it may be more suitable for your needs.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skad

Multi Window is just a gimmick. Not many use it & honestly anyone that has this barely uses it. Why? Because the only people that MAY use it is people that show off & people that are in a business meeting & want to multitask.

In the end, Its not really Rogers fault as you claim it is. The update is not even get for any S3. So why blame Rogers when you have no idea? Like AnonymousUser said, if you want a device which gives you all the updates at the proper time, go with a Nexus device.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ive.had 4.2.2 on.my gs3 for months...why wait for the "official" update?

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation