Android 4.0 update for Galaxy Note

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Android 4.0 update for Galaxy Note

It looks like Bell will be launching ICS update for the Galaxy Note in June.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/05/23/bell-updates-os-4-0-estimated-release-schedule-for-various-android...

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android 4.0 update for Galaxy Note

Yes but what date in june has not been given. For all we know they could push that update out at the end of June.

As for Rogers. I am sure you have noticed but Rogers does not seem to care about when the customers will get the updates. They blame the manufacturers & never takes responsibility. They often say " We release updates once we get them from the Manufacture & test them out."

Anyways i would not hold my breath for Rogers to even send a update to us in June. We will be waiting a while for it.
I've Been Around

On the android authority website it says ics is available through Samsung kies for all carriers of the galaxy sII and the note
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@dan989 wrote:
On the android authority website it says ics is available through Samsung kies for all carriers of the galaxy sII and the note

Each carrier has a DIFFERENT version of the phone so the update is not for all SGS2.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just like Achillies said. Every carrier has different versions. Every carrier adds their own bloatware into the software THEREFORE carriers release the updates at different times.
I'm Here A Lot

Just to update this thread.....I just got my upgrade today. I just happened to pick up my Note and there was a message on the screen saying "Update Available". I just clicked on download and 15 minutes later.....ICS is sweeet!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Thanks for updating the thread BUT its a 3 month old thread in which there have been other threads in where others got the update as well. Rogers also has said the update is out as well & Samsung Canada as well.