Am I locked in to a 1-yr discount deal?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Am I locked in to a 1-yr discount deal?

Hello,

I got a deal from Retentions Dept, on my Internet and TV a 20% discount on these two services for 1 year. Usually these kind of deals are on the agreement that I stay for the entire year. Am I locked into this? and if I break it then what happens; do I need to pay back the 20% for the months I got the discount? Is this kind of thing enforced? 

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Am I locked in to a 1-yr discount deal?

Hello TracyA

It veries as the rep did not specify if its a 1 year term or a 1 year discount.

i would suggest calling in & asking if its a 1 year discount OR a 1 year contract. Sometimes the reps do not explain it properly.

If its a 1 year contract, you will need to pay whatever the cancellation fee would be. That depends on the amount it is on every account. When calling in to ask, they will let you know.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok thanks... My bill says "Internet Discount-1yr"  and   "TV:20% off for 12 months" .. so I would assume this is not locked in. I would expect they might want back the 20% they discounted me for however-many months I got the discount .. but I guess I will have to call and make sure.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is like how my discount is listed..
My understanding, is that it was a contract for that period.. but i could be wrong.

As meowmix said.. best to call and ask.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TracyA

They go 20 per month for each year you are locked into a cable contract. They won't want back what they gave you as a discount but a different number

As you say it, it seems you are just on a normal cable plan but a 1 year discount. Most cable accounts are locked into a 1 or 2 year term depending on what you signed up for.

Call in & find out is the best thing to do.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok will do.. thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TracyA

You are welcome.