Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asimowalk
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

Will the S2 get Jelly Bean? Not just from Rogers, but for any S2 device (other carriers or ROM)? I don't think the S2 was mentioned during the Google IO presentation today.

AndroidAdam
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyway the fact they made you download Kies was a big pain.

With Kies Air this Kies software is utterly useless except to get Firmware.

asimowalk
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the theme of the notification bar in SKYICS? Not really digging the blue....

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

Re the download capping, I was able to get 32.37Mbps down form Richmond Hill the other day after converting to ICS.

I do believe at the moment that we are really just dealing with a Rogers issue. Control Control Control.

Also The power is being consumed at twice the rate of Gingerbread. I also may have to stop boasting my pride in getting ICS before the S3 hit the shelves and just go back to being happy.

AndroidAdam
I Plan to Stick Around

Juice Defender FTW I suppose.

My LTE connection is really fast.
LordZog
I Plan to Stick Around

@splashdown wrote:

Re the download capping, I was able to get 32.37Mbps down form Richmond Hill the other day after converting to ICS.

I do believe at the moment that we are really just dealing with a Rogers issue. Control Control Control.

Also The power is being consumed at twice the rate of Gingerbread. I also may have to stop boasting my pride in getting ICS before the S3 hit the shelves and just go back to being happy.

I can hit 30's, but on UCLE2 and UCLF5, I can hit 50's... I'm not capped at exactly 30, but I know I can do better on a different skyrocket/LTE modem.. Sticking to UCLF5 on CM9 and speedtest is showing me hitting 57MBps...... When I used Rogers UXLF3, I was lucky to get 35Mbps but mostly under 30 on the same server..

NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around

how do i make the new ICS update look like the same ICS on the Nexus? right now the ICS on my SG2 looks like a mix between Gingerbread and ICS.

LordZog
I Plan to Stick Around

Custom ROM or try Nova launcher or Apex launcher. They won't change everything but its a start. Custom ROM though like CM9 will give you the vanilla ICS look and feel..

NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around

**bleep**, was hoping to stick with the stock rom. oh well, its not very good with the battery life, so i may as well just root it again.

LordZog
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly, Samsung was lazy with our update.. All the GS2 line stuck with the GB Touchwiz. It wasn't modified to reflect the visual changes in ICS, hence the S3 using TouchWiz UX.. Let see if the AT&T Skyrocket (Same device as our S2 LTE) gets an updated touchwiz or if they just jump right onto JB 4.1 since, the Skyrocket still didn't get an official ICS release... Can dream, right? 🙂