cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

JRM
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know when we can download the new Android O/S. Hopefully, it will manage the battery better thatn Gingerbread.

******* Edit labels ********

320 REPLIES 320

Re: Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

joelaw
I Plan to Stick Around

The reason why Rogers takes a long time to release any update is because it is the lowest priority for them. They don't make any money from it, it is an additional expense for them with no financial gains, thus not important..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but at the same time Rogers will lose many if they do not start taking care of the updates & releasing them on time. I know many that work at companies & they even say the updates should not take this long. Yea Rogers only cares about the money they make, not the money they need to spend to get the customers back & such. Its a big loss but in the end Rogers will notice it hard once people start living.

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix...may I ask if you've done any DIY roms for this phone. I'm seriously thinking about it but it seems quite involved.

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor
@Meowmix wrote:

Rogers releases any update for any phone they carry last. Out of the big 3, Rogers will be the last one. Bell is first & then Telus updates the phones & then Rogers. This is an issue going on for years. I know for a fact that the codes they add into the software do not take months to do it. Rogers has millions & they can not invest a bit of that to get some high end people to do the software work. Mind you all the do is add their bloatware & see if the software works with Rogers.

Yea i need coffee too lol

Actually Rogers has billions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_Communications

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Lol thanks for correcting me but what matters is that they can not spend money to hire others to do work and they get people that take their time