Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Anyone know when we can download the new Android O/S. Hopefully, it will manage the battery better thatn Gingerbread.

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

I've been scouring various web sites, trying to find any hint of when rogers might be releasing 4.x for our phone... The code was out some time ago now, and there are numerous custom Roms out there... So I thought I'd start this thread as a kind of ICS watch and see where it goes..... if anywhere.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well...

You'll need an official ROM from Sammy, then it depends on how many of your phone Rogers is selling.  That'll determine how fast their put their own ROM out.

Sooo...Sometime before 2013 would be my guess.  But not before...June.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Shaggy we all know how long Rogers will take. From what i have heard & heard from Samsung that they already sent the update to Rogers & they are waiting until Rogers releases it. This could take time because Rogers is known to take its time to update phones. Look at the Nokia threads for the N8. They took about months to update it with a new update. This is due because they want to put their own branding on it which means the Rogers boot screen logo & a few other little things.
Highlighted

Hey Meow,
Yeah, I know..... but it's a beautiful Monday & I felt obliged to try and fan the flames of discontent... 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

lol :). I wonder why Rogers does this tho. I am sure they can just add whatever they need to & just release it instead of taking their time on it. Its not going to make a difference anyways.
Highlighted

It just can't take THAT long, to paint a phone Red.... there are ICS updates of sorts for a variety of phones. rogers wanted to be "first" with the LIMITED initial distribution of the LTE phones, let's see if they still have the appetite for steamrolling..... er, I mean paving the way . he, he...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Thats true. If Rogers claims to be the best & want to role out things first then i am sure they can start rolling updates out now. I know a few people that work & do updates for other carriers & they told me it does not take months to fix a update & roll it out. All the need is the update from Samsung & they just tweak it to add their stuff. If mods want to think i am lying then so be it i can bring those people in here to say the same as well :).

Rogers start giving the updates out soon..
Highlighted

Yup, & I read that another wrinkle has been added to the equation.... Google IN conjunction with Samsung will be distributing the updates... But presently there are nexus S phones that have been updated to 4.x, in addition there have been at least two updates to the ICS O/S for the Nexus itself! From another article... March seems to be a possibility.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor