Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

I hear your pain! I feel it, too! Bluetooth connectivity with my Audi A4 is unusable. Samsung support has been no help whatsoever.
I'm Here A Lot

Glad to hear that it fixed yours. It did not fix my bluetooth contectivity issues.
I've Been Around

Cannot connect bluetooth to my BRAND NEW mazda CX-5 after update! (worked perfectly before).

Please someone help me go back to GB!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Have you tried re-pairing the two devices? I initially couldn't connect to my bluetooth speakers at home but had to go into the bluetooth setting to re-pair the devices and it works fine now.
I've Been Here Awhile

I was previously rooted on 2.3.5 and tried updating to ICS tonight. I was on airplane mode with Wi Fi on when I made my first attempt on my desktop PC running Windows 7. After downloading the neccessary files the firmware update crashed on me and I was forced into Emergency Recovery mode. Ever since then I've attempted at least 10 times now trying to update from Emergency Recovery Mode and it keeps crashing when it attempts to conduct the install. It never gets pass 0%. The only thing I can get on my screen on the phone is Recovery Mode where it says the following:

ODIN MODE

Prod Name: SGH-I727R

Custom Binary Download: No

Current Binary: Samsung Official

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kise and try again.

Windows 7 issue ? Desperate need of help !!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone kno if rogers will release any more updates on ICS?

I Plan to Stick Around

@wpooh888

What your going to need to do now is download ODIN3 and the proper ICS file than search for the I727R as thats our model number

after thats all set up, get into download mode (the screen your seeing now that says ODIN MODE)

make sure your phone is reconized by your computer ODIN should say something along the lines of [COM:3]

click on PDA and import the file you downloaded earlier for the stock ICS

click start and let it do its thing, it should say pass than reboot

**edited for content**

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply confyzone ! I consulted with some co-workers and didn't realize it seemed to be a pretty common occurrence. I tried several more times at work and the install finally completed. Had the same issue with the wife's phone and eventually the install finally worked. 

I Plan to Stick Around

yea to be honest all my answers are to ODIN the stock roms because Kies is absolutely horrible

it usually always pulls a bad download and freaks out tons of users when it boots you into download like that

the best part about ODIN'in stock roms it wont void your warranty cause you dont need to be rooted, and it wont trip your flash counter
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried that SamMobile thing but when I get to the firmware checker page: I have no idea what to enter for the last three fields (PDA, CSC, and MODEM). Trying to dial #1234# did not work on my Samsung Galaxy SII LTE (i727R) from Rogers. It just says "USSD code running" and then "Unable to process request".

So, I tried installing SamMobile's app on the phone and then trying to detect the firmware - it found nothing. Trying to use Settings: About Phone was no help, either.

What am I doing wrong? I'm currently running a stock Rogers phone with Gingerbread 2.3.5, kernel 2.6.35.11, modem I727RUXKJ7. The phone is unlocked but not rooted.

I connected the phone to a laptop with Kies installed on it a few weeks ago, backed up all my files, but I couldn't figure out how to get ICS through Kies, either. I have built computers and done network administration, but the whole mobile thing leaves me completely puzzled some days...

**edited for content**