Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

I backed up my SGII before I upgraded to ICS using Kies. Any idea if I did a phone restore if it will put me back to GB or is that just the data?

ICS broke my Bluetooth connection to the car, it keeps connecting and disconnecting. With the distracted driving laws here I can't keep farting around with my phone every time I need to make or receive a call.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It depends what TYPE of backup you did. If it was a NANDROID backup, then it fully restores your phone to exactly the way it was at the time of the backup, O/S and all. In other words, you can restore the backup right over ICS and you'll be back in Gingerbread once again.

If it WASN'T Nandroid, then how much you can recover depends on what backup utility you used.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Not sure if this will help anyone.

But I was having a really bad time with the ics update for my galaxy s2 lte. Everything would lag and typing out text messages was almost impossible. I did a factory reset about an hour ago and now it is functioning as well pre-update. I will be testing it out to see if the lag appears again.

Cheers

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i didn't do any backup that i know of....i'm a bit of a computer n00b and just updated as i was prompted. any way to go back to GB? With ICS my phone is so so slow and my bluetooth connects and disconnects over and over. I would need detailed instructions to get back or fix these issues if anyone has them....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

youre gonna have to flash a custom rom to get back to GB. the ICS update actually fixed my bluetooth problem lol.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@Nog wrote:

Not sure if this will help anyone.

But I was having a really bad time with the ics update for my galaxy s2 lte. Everything would lag and typing out text messages was almost impossible. I did a factory reset about an hour ago and now it is functioning as well pre-update. I will be testing it out to see if the lag appears again.

Cheers

Sid the factory reset wipe all your data on the phone?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I know a lot of us aren't really fond of the update, but has anyone tried rooting 4.04? I've searched XDA and I know it works with GB 2.3.5 but I'm a little skeptic about rooting 4.04

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think people aren't too fond of changes period. I'm pretty happy with the update.

I did almost flip a lid when I tried to stream some music from Slacker on my bluetooth speaker and I got a message saying that Wifi and Bluetooth may cause trouble together.

The GS2 wouldn't connect to the speaker. I had to re-pair the two devices. If I remember correctly you could pair bluetooth devices from the notifications section in GB. It appears you have to go to setting > bluetooth to pair a device now.

Not biggie but kind of a drawback.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Feels like we've been waiting a lifetime for the ICS update. Sadly, my phone works like poop now - galaxy s2 LTE. It used to work solid before ICS.

-battery life has been halved, been trying to makes sure all the background draining stuff is all off but it still stinks. 

-it's buggy: sometimes the lock does not work correctly and it's super flaky with the 4G, sometimes its fine and sometimes it does not want to connect.

-The email app(k9) has software seizures on occasion - I realize this could be the software not playing nice, so maybe not ICS's fault. For now I'll blame the OS update. 

So I guess we'll have to wait another 8 years for an update to address this, right? 

Dear Roger(s), could you tell us when this will happen? You make hand over fist money off your cellular customers at least you could relase this stuff faster. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

With all the problems reported on the Rogers ICS update, there is a reason AT&T haven't released an update for the Skyrocket (Same device as us) and we've had 3 leaks since the Rogers build. Maybe we will get a small update now that we have the OTA update option in our phone settings to fix these issues once AT&T have an official ICS build for the Skyrocket/LTE.