Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrJuventino
I'm Here A Lot

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

I have to say, the update is great except for the TouchWiz part.. I thought we were gonna get the new TouchWiz 5 but apparently, I was wrong.

TouchWiz takes a lot from our ICS experience.. No resizing widgets, no changes in the app menu, no antimated widgets.. That's all Samsung's fault.

I saw some questions regarding screen capture and I just wanna say that it still works the same (Home + Power Button) but now, you have to hold them longer.

As for the launchers, I agree with everyone who said that the beauty of Android is that we can use a launcher to get rid of this "crappy" TouchWiz (I say crappy because it's obviously designed with Gingerbread in mind, not ICS) and in my opinion, Apex is the best launcher.. I prefer it to Nova.. Get it and you'll have a better ICS experience (UI at least) but I have 2 problems with Apex.. 1. When I used it after the update, my phone got so slow and whenever I get out of an app to the homescreen, it takes a few seconds to load the apps and widgets just like when I turn my phone on.. I uninstalled it and going to reinstall it again and see if that goes away. 2. Unfortunately, with Apex, you can't create folders in the app menu.. Only in the homesceen.. That depends on your preferences of course but I think that's something I can do without although it's gonna take some time to get used to the idea of not having folder and having many pages of apps

neuf
I've Been Around

I had a dream last night that ICS was released for the SGH-I727r and decided to check this morning. How weird/nerdy is that?

Anyhow, I was prompted to upgrade when I launched Kies this morning, I did that, and it offered me the firmware upgrade. I had a meeting to run to, so I just pressed cancel (I didn't check "don't prompt me again").

Now that I have more time, I tried plugging in my phone, but I'm not getting prompted to upgrade anymore.

- "Firmware update" under tools is grayed out so I can't click that

- Uninstalling/reinstalling Kies has no effect

- I installed Kies on another computer with the same result. Any ideas? 

http://i.imgur.com/ntkRY.png

Ackademics
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, New to the community!

After the latest update (4.04) has anyone notice their battery meter staying green even after hiting 15% remaining? I was wondering if this is normal or some kind of issue because if I remember correctly from GB, the batery icon would go from green-yellow-amber-red. Other than that it seems to be running smoothly.

wraith1988
I've Been Around

my clock thinks its an hour earlier than it is, much to my shock after thinking i'd worked 7 hours to find it was only 6!??! had to double check 😛

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed the battery meter thing too. I prefer that. The yellow and red thing gave me anxiety....
Hmm
I Plan to Stick Around

All these odd nuances predominately unique to Samsung makes me definitely not want to get another Samsung device, especially since I've had nothing but problems with previous Samsung models: Galaxy 1 (Captivate) and Galaxy Spica.   Apparently, ICS 4.0 on the G III will be largely stripped of many of the ICS features. 

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around

Just thought of something... What happened to the zoomable ice cream sandwich calender? I still have the old calendar.
villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

With all the force closes that I've been experiencing with on all launchers, I feel like going back to Gingerbread. I feel that this ICS 4.0.4 was rushed and all the bugs have not been worked out yet. I feel like chucking my GS2 to the wall because I have to either restart the phone or pull the battery. My phone is not rooted either, just stock.

Tycebr
I've Been Around

Is anyone else having problems with connetion via bluetooth to car?  any solutions?

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around

@tycebr Bluetooth has been rock solid since the update.
@vilinvr I would go through your apps and uninstall ones that might not be compatible with ics. I had to uninstall loquendo tts because it was causing crashes. it's fine now.