cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

JRM
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know when we can download the new Android O/S. Hopefully, it will manage the battery better thatn Gingerbread.

******* Edit labels ********

320 REPLIES 320

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

To take screenshots, HOLD power + Home for 2-3 secs

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around
I say forget Touchwiz. Even Samsung's CEO or someone high up has acknowledged that it is lacking. Ever seen HTC's Sense 4.0?..
The nice thing about Android is that you can change your launcher very easily.
Try Apex Launcher. I'm using it and it absolutely smokes touchwiz in every way. I've set the icon grid to 4x5 instead of 4x4. The dock has 5 customizable icons with gesture options too. Try it and you'll never go back..
I hear Nova Launcher is good too but I haven't tried it.

Installed in 10min, not a hitch. Its odd though, why does this ICS not have the same unlock screen as the Nexus? Is it the same ICS?

Didn't need a restore, just make sure you write down what is on your home page(s). The upgrade clears the pages. Took me awhile of dragging and dropping to get the same look again.

Now looking at Youtube videos for differant launchers

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

Since having updated to 4.0.4, I have received a lot of crashes/force closes. Just even using simple programs as Instagram, camera 360, facebook etc. I have tried GO luancher (which has always worked for me on Gingerbread), Apex launcher, DX Home, MH Home launcher and I still receive slow downs and constant app crashes. Terrible...

I updated last night and I've lost the stock live wallpapers (Ocean Weather, Wind Weather and Microbes.) Anyone else have this problem?  Any idea how to get them back?