Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

How do you take screenshots now? Power+Home doesn't work anymore, and Power+Vol Down doesn't work either.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Got my ICS update to work now, props to Samsung live support for helping (although it may have been that I just tried updating thru Kies on a different computer - my laptop has been acting up lately). Now, just waiting for ICS for my Tab 10.1!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

srry for the late reply, but one big thing i noticed between custom and rogers is the layout obviously. Rogers is still running on old TW as custom was on new TW so the applications panel was different as well i could load 5 instead of 4 apps at the bottom. the input settings were different as well i found the custom ics responded better to key stroke inputs and autocorrect/word predic.

other than that not to much different, i really just hate how its on the old TW makes it feel to much like GB instead of ICS

also for anyone having issues updating thru kies since i couldnt update thru it since my phone was running custom at&t rom, download the official rogers 4.0.4 thru sammobile and flash the tar file thru odin. NOTE: your phone DOES NOT NEED TO BE ROOTED to use odin. you just need to go into download mode on your phone, and install from there.

if you dont know how to use ODIN check out the XDA forums for information on how to use it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How would I be able to install the new Touchwiz? The Rogers version of ICS for this phone makes it look like GB.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Braatwaate,

I agree voice actions are useless. Unfortunately Vlingo and  AIVC do not work well with phone numbers, only contacts, and since I often am calling different phone numbers,  I need an APP that can handle that. Unfortunately the ones I use: Motospeak, and Choice Dialer, are not set up to work with Android 4. I haven't tried cyberon voice commander. But I'm happy to hear that bluetooth handsfree works .

Warren

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

To take screenshots, HOLD power + Home for 2-3 secs

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I say forget Touchwiz. Even Samsung's CEO or someone high up has acknowledged that it is lacking. Ever seen HTC's Sense 4.0?..
The nice thing about Android is that you can change your launcher very easily.
Try Apex Launcher. I'm using it and it absolutely smokes touchwiz in every way. I've set the icon grid to 4x5 instead of 4x4. The dock has 5 customizable icons with gesture options too. Try it and you'll never go back..
I hear Nova Launcher is good too but I haven't tried it.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Installed in 10min, not a hitch. Its odd though, why does this ICS not have the same unlock screen as the Nexus? Is it the same ICS?

Didn't need a restore, just make sure you write down what is on your home page(s). The upgrade clears the pages. Took me awhile of dragging and dropping to get the same look again.

Now looking at Youtube videos for differant launchers

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since having updated to 4.0.4, I have received a lot of crashes/force closes. Just even using simple programs as Instagram, camera 360, facebook etc. I have tried GO luancher (which has always worked for me on Gingerbread), Apex launcher, DX Home, MH Home launcher and I still receive slow downs and constant app crashes. Terrible...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I updated last night and I've lost the stock live wallpapers (Ocean Weather, Wind Weather and Microbes.) Anyone else have this problem?  Any idea how to get them back?