Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

Thanks chucky.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

chuckee! sorry.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm having problems with my contacts list. I can only scroll some of the way before it shuts down. Everything else seems to work fine though.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Braatwaate,

When you said the T505 "worked" with ICS, to be more specific, could you initiate a phone call, and clearly hear the person you called, as well as play music through the T505 speaker. I've heard the media audio works fine, but the phone audio doesn't.

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry Baatwaate but I forgot to ask if you were using an app such as Choice Dialer Plus, or My Motospeak to access the T505 or just Voice Actions.

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Warren,

Yes the bluetooth call quality it good.  I talked to my wife on the way home for about 20 minutes and didn't have problem with it.

I have Vlingo and AIVC installed, although I tend to use Vlingo.  As soon as I connect with bluetooth, Vlingo opens up and prompts for a voice command.  If I cancel, I can then initiate Vlingo again by pressing the phone icon on the Motorola.  I can dismiss Vlingo using the phone icon again.

Voice actions didn't work for me when I had Gingerbread.  I would press the phone icon, it would just make an irritating tone, and then nothing would happen.  I haven't tried it since upgrading to ICS, but I find Google doesn't understand me very well anyway.

Give Vlingo a try if you haven't already.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Warren,

I did play music on the way home as well, and that worked.  ICS allows you to control your music on the lock screen.  I don't know if you've used Rdio, but I have it and the controls to skip, pause and go back appeared on the lock screen.  That was quite impressive.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not a problem for me. Upgraded last night and used hands free this morning...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anybody know why the ICS lock screen feature where you can jump to camera etc doesn't work? From android.com:

New lock screen actions

The lock screens now let you do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, you can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, you can even manage music tracks and see album art.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It was my Data plan!  Officially, tethering should not have been working before.

Hope this helps someone else out there!

Stupid thing was, support said I should try calling Samsung to see what they would say.  "Have to send in the phone." was the response.  Morons.  Great products, support was a bit poor.  At least it was easy to get a human quickly, probably because ALL their responses are simplistic useless doodoo.