Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braatwaate
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

Rogers has this ROM locked down too tight. Now that it is on 4.0.4, can it still be rooted? Does anyone have a link explaining how to do it?
Blzd2
I've Been Here Awhile

My kies doesn't find the update now either.  At first, it found the update and started to download it. Then Kies told me to restart the phone.  It was not there.  I tried it again and Kies says I have the latest Firmware.  My firmware is still Gingerbread.  My wife has the same phone so I tried her phone. Kies says my wife's phone has the latest Firmware.  She still has Gingerbread.

Is this happening because everybody is updating at once.  I called Samsung and his computer told them Rogers S2lte does not have ICS yet.  I called rogers and they sent me an email in how to download ICS on S2 LTE.

Software Update (Samsung Galaxy S II - Android 4.0 [Ice Cream Sandwich])

Important:  Before performing this update you will need to download Samsung Kies.  Click here to download the software.  Ensure that you have a backup of your information before upgrading to Android 4.0.

1. Run Samsung Kies.
    2. Connect your device via USB port. 
    3. Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device.
    1. Samsung Kies will display a pop-up window to alert if there is a software update available.
    2. Click Update to begin software upgrade.
    1. Read the Terms and Agreements and check box next to I have read all of the above information once you have finished reading.
    1. Select information saving option.
    2. Click Start upgrade.
    3. Firmware upgrade in process. Do not disconnect the cable from the PC will appear.

1. When Firmware upgrade complete appears, click OK.

braatwaate
I Plan to Stick Around

This is how it went down for me. Kies upgraded my phone no problem this morning. I would reinstall Kies and try again.
Warrencharles
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone checked to see if bluetooth hands free is working on ICS update. It works great on gb, but I hear it doesn't work on android 4.0. Please confirm. I need hands free with my car speaker kit (Motorola T505) and afraid to upgrade until I'm sure it will work. Also if I don't like ICS upgrade can I roll back to the previous ROM? When performing the upgrade does the process backup the existing system and data, or overwrites everything?

MacBauer
I've Been Around

When I plug my S2 Lte it says THis is the latest firmware. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?
braatwaate
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the T505. It worked for me. The only thing I had to do was pair it with phone again. One thing I like is that the phone will initiate a reconnect when I turn bluetooth back on. Before , I had to turn off the Rokr and turn it back on to reconnect bluetooth.
braatwaate
I Plan to Stick Around

I think Kies only backs up data. It doesn't do an operating system backup. If you want that, you'll have to root your phone. There's videos on YouTube on how to do this for the i727r.

With that said, I don't think there's any reason to roll back to Gingerbread. I've been using ICS all day, and its good. Rogers has some settings locked down which is annoying, but the build is solid.

Upgrade your phone and you'll happy you did.
penmar
I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried three time now to update my Galaxy S2 through Kies and keep getting hung up with a 'Crypt Error' at 69% completed download.  What's going on and how can I get it to work?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

PhuzzyDay
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else not able to tether or create a working hotspot after updating?
The in phone apps are good, but when I connect to it via hotspot with wifi OR through usb, The network connects, but no internet. (Limited Connectivity in Win7, just errors if i connect to the hotspot from another droid unit..)

I even did factory reset. Same thing. I think i`ll start a new thread, After i ditch this STUPID DEFAULT KEYBOARD FOR TOUCHPAL AGAIN AAAHHHH! MADDENING.
Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around

To answer 2 questions in the thread:
Bluetooth: I used to get random disconnects with bluetooth phone. Hasn't happened to yet. A2DP is clear now. I stream music to my Acura and with Gingerbread, the sound quality was clicky. It's clear now.

Wifi Hotspot: I used it today. Seemed fine to me.