Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

Everything works for me so far...Had the issue with Exchange but changed the font size and it worked.

Only big issue for me is the stupid facebook birthdays and parties wont go away on my calendar widget...Driving me nuts.

I've Been Here Awhile

update went smoothly, glad to see it finally here.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

After looking around, this update is quite underwhelming. I'm close to saying that other than the new task manager, I would have been fine without this update. Old Touchwiz, MORE bloatware, etc...

I'm trying to get myself comfortable with launchers like Apex and Nova, but I find little annoyances with them. Considering flashing a ROM...

I Plan to Stick Around

I just came from a custom rom as well hoping that the stock rogers would be nice, but nope still the old stupid GB TW >.>

I've Been Around

Firstly, thanks Google/Samsung/Rogers for this. Although late, it still feels good to get the update. I had high hopes for this update. Turns out that not much was changed/improved. Few annoyances:

• After the update the desktop was reset so I lost my desktop layout. (really Samsung, was it that difficult to keep the layout?). 
  • Then I noticed that the font was terrible, especially in the email app. After some tinkering I realized that it wasn't using the ICS default (Roboto) and instead it was using Helvetica which aparently does not look so good. Fixed that by switching to the default font. 
  • My favourite contacts were also forgotten and I had to recreate that list. 
  • My biggest issue is with WIFI. Before update I had a pretty steady signal. Now, it comes and goes in the same location, which seems to suggest that it is weaker than before. 

Other than that, all is pretty much the same, although now I can install Chrome. I was hoping for some improvements on TouchWiz but that is pretty much unchanged.

I Plan to Stick Around

what differences have you noticed between the Rogers ICS and the custom ROM ICS?

@confyzone wrote:

I just came from a custom rom as well hoping that the stock rogers would be nice, but nope still the old stupid GB TW >.>

I Plan to Stick Around

It removed my root 😞 hopefully I can get it rooted again and remove all the bloatware

I've Been Around

Re: Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Was waiting for it for a long time. Just released today. Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

hi guys! i need some help please, my kies doesn't find the update. i have a s2 lte from rogers and when i connect it to samsung kies on my pc the upgrade deosn't pop up. help.....

I Plan to Stick Around

It should be there. Try updating your Kies again and then you should see a notice saying your firmware needs updating.