Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Anyone know when we should be expecting this update?

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers knows...but for unexplicable,dumb,messed up,rediculous, self serving reason, they won't tell us.

*** Edited for Content ***

I Plan to Stick Around

Sometime in mid-july, recent rumors have it July 13th

I've Been Around

Been wondering the same thing for ages! Called Rogers few weeks back to find out, and a technical support person mentioned that Rogers is testing ICS and though it is slated to be available for the S2 LTE, it is just not known when, or the person would not say due to internal policies.

It would be great if Rogers can provide their ICS ROM, so folks could upgrade sooner than Rogers' ICS overdue push schedule.

I have been hesitant to grab one of the many ICS ROMs for the S2 LTE (Skyrocket) available online, for example on XDA, in case it breaks my phone from working on Rogers' network.

Waiting... 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

Why is there another thread like this??

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ICS Update for Galaxy S2 LTE

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was SO happy when I saw the Mobile Syrup post on my Facebook this morning.

You know, if Rogers had just said "by the end of June, early July", I think the angry posts could have been avoided. I'm glad that it really didn't end up being sometime in July.

Doesn't hurt to be grateful, so thanks for the update Rogers...

I hope my battery life improves and that this update isn't too bloated seeing as I've already gone over my bandwidth cap for the month...

PS. Anyone see the irony in Rogers releasing Ice Cream Sandwich on one of the hottest days this summer in Toronto? Heh.

EDIT: I'm still an Android n00b so please bare with me here... Is it supposed to be the same Touchwiz as before or is there a way to change it? I was hoping for the UI like I've seen in videos.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

"PS. Anyone see the irony in Rogers releasing Ice Cream Sandwich on one of the hottest days this summer in Toronto? Heh."

...it all makes sense now....

As for Touchwiz..

were you hoping for vanilla ICS (ala Galaxy Nexus)?  or just a newer version of Touchwiz?   Samsung will always put Touchwiz on their phones.  You can always grab Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher in the play store if you want the phone to look more like vanilla.

I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone else having problems with the Email client that handles Exchange emails?  Everything else on the phone seems to work after the update, but I cannot view any of my email messages, even though it tells me that I have many waiting.

I'm speaking about the Exchange client here.  Gmail works fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok ... solved my own problem. You have to toggle the font sizes (for some reason). Once that's done, everything appears to be good.