cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

JRM
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know when we can download the new Android O/S. Hopefully, it will manage the battery better thatn Gingerbread.

******* Edit labels ********

320 REPLIES 320

Re: Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around

Well now Andrew, you just renewed my faith we're even getting the update so thank you for that!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Thank you Andrew for posting something for us. IT shows somewhat that Rogers does care BUT please do not forget us & let us know when you know anything please. IT would be really nice if you do that. Thanks again 🙂

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm?!! At least we now know that they know people are anxious for ICS!!!!! Too bad he didn't drop a tidbit about the ETA. Maybe he doesn't know either... That's not a good signSmiley Sad

Stew

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm quite certain, that I'm not alone in being remotely satisfied with rogers response! There is no way that rogers is not capable of providing some kind of time line! Sure the consumer is anxious, but for a Telecom company to expect anyone with half a brain, to accept that they have no clue, is beyond ridiculous! There's a good chance that most of the people commenting are Share Holders, & I can't imagine that a Board meeting would go over very well, if a simple question about the business that they are in, could not be answered! We're not asking about the price of tea in China!! :-[

tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around

Lmao@the price of tea in China...that could probably tell you that! 😛

tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around

So my boyfriend's getting the ICS June 12th.....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well his is not the LTE version remember that. Anyways i hope Rogers does actually wake up & release it. Telus seems to start showing customers respect & show they care.. I wonder if Rogers will maybe start showing the updates as well.

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Well to add my two cents since I'm anxious about the update. I should of got the Nexus but instead I couldn't wait and got the SGIi LTE. As you know the SGIII is suppose to come out sometime soon. I believe they don't want people to get the update until that phone is released. I feel they want to get the sales of the phone up there until that happens then they'll release the update, hope I'm wrong.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hardware wise the GSll LTE is better than the Nexus, o/s wise the Nexus is better. So nothing is stopping you from rooting your Sll and flashing an ICS rom.... As for the GSlll, you MIGHT see it the end of Summer.... Might.. I'm sure that rogers will have rolled out the ICS update for the sgh - i727r long before then ^_^

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Hardware wise the GSll LTE is better than the Nexus, o/s wise the Nexus is better. So nothing is stopping you from rooting your Sll and flashing an ICS rom.... As for the GSlll, you MIGHT see it the end of Summer.... Might.. I'm sure that rogers will have rolled out the ICS update for the sgh - i727r long before then ^_^

You can pre-order the S3 unlocked and have it working in June. No contracts and other b/s. As far as the Nexus...at least it will run 5.0 sooner than the S3.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

IT will run it but the problem is that if Google / Samsung is taking so long to release 4.0.3 or even 4.0.4 to the galaxy Nexus its pretty simple that Google & samsung will take a long time to release the 5.0 update to the Galaxy Nexus. Hopefully it can run it without lagging or any other issues.

You can pre order the S3 at Expansys if you like. I already put my pre order threw & waiting.

Achilles

@Meowmix wrote:
IT will run it but the problem is that if Google / Samsung is taking so long to release 4.0.3 or even 4.0.4 to the galaxy Nexus its pretty simple that Google & samsung will take a long time to release the 5.0 update to the Galaxy Nexus. Hopefully it can run it without lagging or any other issues.

You can pre order the S3 at Expansys if you like. I already put my pre order threw & waiting.

You're keeping the S3 or just testing it out? also .ca or .com ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I might keep it if I like it. Also I did. Ca

Achilles

@Meowmix wrote:
I might keep it if I like it. Also I did. Ca

That's the international version. I assume it will be bloatware free. But will it work on any carrier in Canada on 3G and 4G?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When I contacted them, they told me it will work with Rogers. I asked them before i even pre ordered it.

Achilles

@Meowmix wrote:
When I contacted them, they told me it will work with Rogers. I asked them before i even pre ordered it.

Nice. And bloatware/contract free 😄

Achilles

Meow - check your PMs!

sonyboyj
I'm an Enthusiast

After a recent talk to samsung i was told it would be released ota by end of may to in about one weeks time we should have it and me and others signal issues should be fixed cant wait

Smeelious

You sure you don't mean 4.0.4?

in either case, I wonder what baseband they will throw in there.

Achilles

@Smeelious wrote:

You sure you don't mean 4.0.4?

in either case, I wonder what baseband they will throw in there.

My Telus Nexus is on 4.0.2 I think he definately meant 4.0.4

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Also i just contacted Samsung Canada & spoke to a Manager & they told me they have no info on when they will release the update for the Galaxy Nexus.

Also one more thing. The update will be 4.0.4 or later. Nothing under that.