Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Almost half way through 1st Quarter....ICS for sgh-i727?

What about the alberta lady?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Yeah, well... I made the assumption that everyone was talking about the sgh-i727r... Easy enough to do since they were!
The fact that there's about five variations of the sgll certainly doesn't help... That's MY assumption...
YOUR assumption, is that I haven't already flashed an ICS rom... And as for two months... Think again...

For clarity sake, the Bell model is GT-I9100M.

As for me saying "nearly 2 months", the first leak that worked on our phones was 1 month, 2 weeks ago. I stated using ICS a week after the initial leak.

My assumption towards your current ROM, I didn't mean to specify you in particular with my use of "you"; but why nag at Rogers for a ROM if you're already running a custom?

Highlighted

@mbazdell wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Yeah, well... I made the assumption that everyone was talking about the sgh-i727r... Easy enough to do since they were!
The fact that there's about five variations of the sgll certainly doesn't help... That's MY assumption...
YOUR assumption, is that I haven't already flashed an ICS rom... And as for two months... Think again...

For clarity sake, the Bell model is GT-I9100M.

As for me saying "nearly 2 months", the first leak that worked on our phones was 1 month, 2 weeks ago. I stated using ICS a week after the initial leak.

My assumption towards your current ROM, I didn't mean to specify you in particular with my use of "you"; but why nag at Rogers for a ROM if you're already running a custom?

If that was the case nobody would bother sending updates. They'd just say go hack your phone and visit XDA for more info...

Problem is I don't WANT to hack nor root my phone. I'm sticking with the Nexus line from now on.

Highlighted

Funny mbazdel, you had an ICS rom before the leak.. Impressive.
Why "nag at rogers", because we're paying for the service! The first stable ICS rom based on the leak came out roughly three weeks ago. But there are still benefits from having the official rom to work with, as opposed to working with a leaked version. 😉

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No to mention ..not all of us are comfortable with DIY updates!

Highlighted

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Funny mbazdel, you had an ICS rom before the leak.. Impressive.
Why "nag at rogers", because we're paying for the service! The first stable ICS rom based on the leak came out roughly three weeks ago. But there are still benefits from having the official rom to work with, as opposed to working with a leaked version. 😉

Actually I didn't. I even made a forum post here about it. You even responded in that forum post.

Sure there are other reasons to have an official support version, but with what is available now, it's just like adding a few neat features (like disabling the LTE) that aren't really that important.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have determined, no matter how technically savvy people on here like to believe they are, how "on the know" they think they might be, no one has a clue when we will be getting this update. Rogers makes no comments on any posts. All their email replies are stock answers...soon. So while I appreciate everyone googling the same searches I have not anyone on here knows any more than I do.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

& no one will know more then anyone to be honest. Everyone just does a search on Google & acts like they know more then everyone else. Some may know but act like they do not. No one knows when Rogers will release the update. Rogers does NOT comment on anything like this like you said.

The only way to find out is when someone posts that they got the update from Rogers OR wait until Rogers updates the phones & you see it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, according to my boyfriend, Telus has stated no release of ICS until June.....sometime. So I wouldn't expect Rogers to be any quicker folks

Highlighted

@tobesedated wrote:
Well, according to my boyfriend, Telus has stated no release of ICS until June.....sometime. So I wouldn't expect Rogers to be any quicker folks

He's a smart guy. I assume he read that on the Telus website Smiley LOL Nobody really knows...all speculations. I don't really care (kinda gave up) anymore since I got my Galaxy Nexus. I'm loving the no Facebook, no carrier bloatware, updates straight from Google idea.