All saved programs just erased by Rogers .

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OttawaHere
I Plan to Stick Around

All saved programs just erased by Rogers .

I am .......

I had .......

All gone.......

I have now one program that I had checkmarked ''save until i delete''..... Everything else is gone.

If you have anything you wish to save make sure you select "SAVE UNTIL I DELETE"

***Edited labels***

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: All saved programs just erased by Rogers .

So how is this Rogers' fault? Sounds like it is a simple settings issue.
OttawaHere
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to work and had 68% of my HD full ...... came home and it was at 3.78% full.

OK ...... either my cat did it or a burgler or space aliens or ...  you tell me.

AND .......... What buttons could one press to say '' Please delete all saved programs'' ?A???? huh ???

"Simple Setting Issue" ?.... ok can you re-set this simple thing for me?

OttawaHere
I Plan to Stick Around

I apologize for being snarky .... Sorry
mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The way your first post reads is that your missing recordings were not set to save until you delete. If that is the case, it is a settings issue. You can set your PVR, with the old or the new guide, to globally keep your recordings until you erase them. Once you set it globally, you don't have to do it for each recording. By default, the boxes will erase content after a certain time period or once they start to approach full capacity, in order to make room for your scheduled recordings.
OttawaHere
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok I understand the save till I have room concept but why did it erase EVERYTHING ???

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While not sure what it was.. there is a time frame as well for it.. forget the # of days.. could have reached that threshold.

I had that when i had my first 8300 pvr.. was unpleasantly supprised 😞

All in all, best bet, is to set it to UNTIL I ERASE, and manage it yourself.

This can be done with EACH recording... although i do reccomend going though the settings, you can CHANGE the default to the until i errase, then if you want to set one of the others (a less important thing) to 'need space' etc, you can do it.

OttawaHere
I Plan to Stick Around

Plus I have the extender ----1 tbyte yeah ?...

I can see where you are going but if total erasure is the norm then should not that be noted?

*** WARNING****  you are about to loose all your recordings!!!!!

or

""ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE YOUR HARD DRIVE***

or ..

"All PROGRAMS WILL BE ERASED IF YOU CONTINUE''  yes ?... no ?

I'm stupid ok ..... but not THAT stupid !

OttawaHere
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any way of getting back my recorded programs ?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its set to do it automaticaly.

Yeah, it would be great to have one of those warnings, etc... but what happens when you set a program to record while you are gone, and that pompt comes up, and you cant OK it.. it then wont record you new stuff 😞

I do agree.. i would make it so the erasing setting is NOT the norm to start..

ONLY other thing i could think of... check to see if your extender is working.. unplug the power, plug back in, make sure you hear it spinning up.. if the HDD died.. that could cause them all to go 😞
I would unplug both cable box and extender.. plug back in the extender, and make sure it spins up.  make sure its pluged into the cable box, and then power the cable box back on.

BAR the above working.. if its just 'forgot' the extender (and if that shows them all again)... no there is no way to retreive the recordings.

Unfortunately, recordings are NEVER guaranteed.. we own no rights to whats on there, etc 😞