cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All NEW HTC ONE

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I just cancelled my reservation for the Galaxy S5 and reserved the New HTC ONE (M8). It is my understadning that the ones who reserve, these will be sent out asap and should recieve them by weeks end? I wonder if anyone has any info on this.

I've decided to go with HTC because I believe that we should support the high quality build they have been offering. I've had the original HTC One since launch last year and with some known issues (mainly camera) the phone is stellar. Hopefully the camera issues don't carry forward and HTC can present the most well rounded phone this year.

I was going to go with Sony and their Z2, but with there little to no information about the release on that phone I have changed my mind. HTC has done a good job with this release/roll out, if it goes as planned and I hope HTC is rewarded by the public. I would hate to see them go under when they are releasing some great tech.

***Edited Labels.***

160 REPLIES 160

Re: All NEW HTC ONE

katiepin
I Plan to Stick Around
Mine went in process yesterday morning still haven't gotten an email about tracking though..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello katiepin

You won't get a email with the tracking number until the device has been shipped out. Only then you get that email.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

They sure are pretty slow at shipping out a phone...been waiting since 9am yestreday to get an email saying its shipped out..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello HeyThumb

Yours should ship out either tonight or tomorrow night. When it goes IN PROGRESS it can take 1-3 business days to have them ship it out. Many reasons behind this. So please be patient and it will ship.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

Does it ship from Toronto?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello HeyThumb

Yes it does. It ships from the York Mills and Don Mills Rogers facility and then when UPS picks it up, they go to the UPS Facility during the night in Concord, Ontario. Once it ships, it should be there within the next business day unless the weather is really bad OR you picked a Rogers Authorized store which has its own warehouse.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

Amazon can have a 60" tv shipped out in a couple of hours..this poor excuse for a company needs 3 days to ship out a phone. I think Im going to pay off my flextab and switch to Telus. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello HeyThumb

Telus, Bell, Virginia and most other companies have the same policy. So if u go with Telus, be prepared to deal with the same. Just a FYI. I am sure you can wait for the device. I know it's a new toy.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You seem pretty impatient there Heythumb, my assumption is they ran out of inventory and you're gonna have to wait a bit to get your phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

The users status is IN PROGRESS which means Rogers has the device and planning the shipping.  Some people think companies will ship with 1 day.  Rogers says 1-3 business says for it to be shipped out if not more depending on what UPS picks up. 

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

Im not impatient...I just dont have a phone atm and I need one...thats why Im complaining about how slow they are. Its not about it being a new toy, I could care less if its new or a Nokia 3310. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Heythumb

Just wait and u will get it.  I understand you may not have a phone but they will ship it out. 

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around
Aaaaaaaand day 3 is over and still not shipped out lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Heythumb

When they ship out the device it can be between 2-11pm. UPS comes to pick up the device during 8-9pm. I remember some during the iPhone 5.5S, S4 & HTC One last year had gotten their shipment email & tracking numbers during 1-2am as the system did it then.

You need to be a bit patient.. I know you may not have a phone but you aren't the only one waiting for the phone & you aren't the only one that warehouse has to ship out a device too. They have more things to ship out / do. i have been to this warehouse during some shipments & seen it. It all depends if they have boxed the phone / got the UPS label, tagged the box with the label & have it on a skid waiting for UPS to pick up.

A little patients will go a long way.

EDIT - Found this on their website. They are saying " Up to four days to ship"

"How long does it take to ship my device?

Once the device is in inventory, it could take up to four days to ship to the store you chose. Once the device arrives at the store of your choosing, a store rep will call you."

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

A sloth will ship out your phone in 1-4 weeks 😛

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Heythumb

lol that was funny i must admit:p. Yours still IN PROGRESS status?

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup nothing has changed. Ive actually just decided to go pick up the G2 after work.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Heythumb

You have 30 minutes of talk time or 15 days to return the G2 if yours ships next week ( most likely you may go over the 30 minute mark which then you can not return it back.).

I really liked the G2 as well. Oh well i guess this is what you want to do!. Go for it:)

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

Id rather save the money and go for the G2, smartphone technology is so fast paced that we probably havent even seen an app that took advantage of even the S4 pro chip lol. Its ridiculous. But yeah, I can always return the G2 and get the HTC once its in store.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Heythumb

Remember the 30 minute rule. If you passed your 30 minutes of talk time on the G2, you can not return it. They will explain this at the store when signing the contract as it will say it there too.

lol That is true. I am using the Note 3 until the S5 comes out. I have the M8 here & use it but i may give it to my buddy as he needs a phone.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

Texting is the name of the game, I dont call or receive calls ever lol. Samsung build quality is horrendous so I would never buy anything from them other than high end TV's

Topic Stats
  • 160 replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 14 in conversation