cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All NEW HTC ONE

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I just cancelled my reservation for the Galaxy S5 and reserved the New HTC ONE (M8). It is my understadning that the ones who reserve, these will be sent out asap and should recieve them by weeks end? I wonder if anyone has any info on this.

I've decided to go with HTC because I believe that we should support the high quality build they have been offering. I've had the original HTC One since launch last year and with some known issues (mainly camera) the phone is stellar. Hopefully the camera issues don't carry forward and HTC can present the most well rounded phone this year.

I was going to go with Sony and their Z2, but with there little to no information about the release on that phone I have changed my mind. HTC has done a good job with this release/roll out, if it goes as planned and I hope HTC is rewarded by the public. I would hate to see them go under when they are releasing some great tech.

***Edited Labels.***

160 REPLIES 160

Re: All NEW HTC ONE

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Heythumb

Ahh okay then you are set!. Honestly i only had issues with my S4 LCD cracking. S2,S3 Note 2 & Note 3 never had a issue & i always drop my phones ( Cluts & i do test them lol). Everyone's view is different. I own 3 61'inchs Plamsa TV's from Samsung, a Fridge & a washer. lol

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Heythumb, if it's taken this long, then you definitely have an issue with your order...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AnonymousUser

It could be but then again i have seen reservations take more then the time Rogers quotes. Seeing as HeyThumb is getting the G2, might as well stick with that device until next Thursday OR just wait & see if the M8 will be shipped.

Calling Rogers won't do much as most reps have no access to the reservations.

AnonymousUser

True, could be one of those days where the email notification goes out pretty late.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AnonymousUser

It could well be. This happened with the iPhone 5, 5S & S4 reservations ( only some people got that)

katiepin
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, My phone is in today, Just wondering do you guys know, will my early upgrade fee be charged to my bill or will have to pay that when i go in today? 

AnonymousUser
All upgrade charges go on your bill.

katiepin
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks 🙂

katiepin
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, does anyone know what size sim car the new htc m8 takes? wondering if im going to need a new one, right now i have the iphone 5s and i think thats a micro sim..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello katiepin

The upgrade fee and phone price will be charged on ur next invoice 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Katiepin

The M8 takes a nano Sim cars.  The same as a iPhone 5 and 5S.

katiepin
I Plan to Stick Around

Great, do i have to wait for the rogers store to call me to go get it? Its on truck for delivery? So can i just go after its delivererd? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello katiepin

I would suggest waiting until the store calls u. Wait for an hour or so after it gets delivered. Remember even tho they receive it, if the store is busy they won't look at it until they are free. If within an hour or so they don't call u, call them and ask. Once they tell u they have it, go pick it up

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around
Got my HTC One today...been getting SIM card read errors...and so are lots of other users. My phone even came with fingerprints all over the screen and camera right out of the box. I guess I can't expect any better from a company that's almost bankrupt...what a shame..great phone...manufactured by a cheap company.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello HeyThumb

You can take it back to Rogers and have them replace it with a new one on Thursday. Explain what is going on. This does happen with a lot of companies. Rewind back to the iPhone 5. They had issues where the device had chips and damage on them. So it's not only HTC.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN-6ssg_KIg

Also now having wifi issues, thats my m8 and my xperia ultra, both on the same wifi 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello HeyThumb

Hmm then I guess yours is a lemon. It does happen as not all of them are perfect. I would highly suggest and recommend you take it back on Thursday or today and explain what is going on. Undo the upgrade and then have the store keep a M8 for u when the come in on Thursday unless u decide to go with another phone.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

When I upgraded to the M7 when it came out, I had 2 phones with dead pixels and the last one they opened had a huge seam in the metal frame...it wasnt glued properly...this is my last HTC phone.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

And I know mine is a lemon, I understand you are trying to help and I appreciate it but I already know what to do in these situations...Im not a noob with phones. Anyways HTC is a lemon as a company..$68 billion in losses..yeah..and they say Blackberry is bad..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello HeyThumb

Just trying to give some friendly help. Hopefully they can resolve it for u.

Heythumb
I Plan to Stick Around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN-6ssg_KIg&feature=youtu.be&feature=autosharec

Thats a video I posted this morning, since then the wifi started to function correctly and I havent had any sim card errors...not saying it wont happen again(it most probably will) since users are claiming that it happens when the device gets warm..

Topic Stats
  • 160 replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 14 in conversation