cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All NEW HTC ONE

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I just cancelled my reservation for the Galaxy S5 and reserved the New HTC ONE (M8). It is my understadning that the ones who reserve, these will be sent out asap and should recieve them by weeks end? I wonder if anyone has any info on this.

I've decided to go with HTC because I believe that we should support the high quality build they have been offering. I've had the original HTC One since launch last year and with some known issues (mainly camera) the phone is stellar. Hopefully the camera issues don't carry forward and HTC can present the most well rounded phone this year.

I was going to go with Sony and their Z2, but with there little to no information about the release on that phone I have changed my mind. HTC has done a good job with this release/roll out, if it goes as planned and I hope HTC is rewarded by the public. I would hate to see them go under when they are releasing some great tech.

***Edited Labels.***

160 REPLIES 160

Re: All NEW HTC ONE

ayo
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah... i'm not gonna get my phone today. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ayo

That means you reserved it to go to a Rogers authorized store then. They are dropping it off at the warehouse and then that warehouse will ship it out after.

ayo
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry Meowmix but you're wrong this time.

UPS told me what address they sent it to even after they corrected it and both addresses were leading to a Beyond Wireless.

I called Rogers to complain about it.
One hour later they called me and said the address was incorrect and it would be sent to the authorized store near my place by Tuesday.
That's some great attention to detail, Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ayo

Then i do apologize for that. I haven't heard them doing that before that's why. Normally when this happens, it's due to the phones going to the warehouse. At least Rogers is correcting it even tho you had to call and complain in which you shouldn't have.

I wonder why they made a mistake on the address tho? I know it's computer authorized to print out the label with the address you picked. Hmm..

ayo
I Plan to Stick Around
Yeah, and when I called to complain... the rep wanted ME to fix the problem. Really? What kind of business are you running that you make your customers fix your mistakes?

I don't know how this happened either. I chose the correct store on the reservation system. The e-mail i got saying it shipped contained the correct address.
Yet... it sent somewhere else completely.

Still, I've been waiting for this phone for a while and I reserved it within the first 30 minutes that it was open for reservations and I have to wait until next week? That's just great.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ayo

Why should you fix the problem? It's not your fault they made a mistake :s.
It seems they always pin the customer when it's not the customers fault then again you have those reps.

Its just a phone, i know how excited you are but honestly mistakes do happen with all companies. I remember when Bell screwed up with the iPhone 5 and had the first pre orders wait meanwhile the other ones got it.

It seems no system is perfect i see it. I am sure you should receive it Monday if not Tuesday .

So an update for you all.

My phone is in the authorized dealer to pickup. BUT aparently since I have a corporate account, They can't process it. And even if they tried to bypass the system, the phone doesn't exist in the "old" system they use to process corporate accounts. So moral of the story. Don't use Authorized dealers. save the hastle, go for rogers one stores.

They said i'll have to contact rogers to have them ship the phone to me later. Biggest tease is to see the box on the other side of the counter, designated mine, but they can't hand me the phone because of a programming/access issue. 

Have a nice day folks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ivanzchan

That is correct and i forgot to add that in my first post. If you are a business or corporate customer, some authorized and some Rogers corporate stores will not be able to access your account let alone do upgrades for u. This has been going on for years.

You need to search or contact Rogers business solutions and see what they can do. Explain your situation

Yeah. I called them. They told me the device isn't available at all for Corporate or business accounts. So there's no way I'd be able to get the device at all through Rogers until a very late date when they release it to that line of business.  (Anyone might be able to see if they can buy it as an upgrade at the Fairview mall Rogers store, since its just sitting there.)

So I've bought the phone through Telus, and I'll unlock the phone. On the bright side, They still had that promotional package. So I get a battery charger for my hastles and disappointment.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ivanzchan

Oh very nice!! You got some goodies! Lucky u:p

Hi, my device has shipped and the UPS said that it was delivered. Does this mean i can go to the store and pick it up or do i have to wait for a call from the store?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello joeyma1996

If it says its been delivered, then i would call the store in the morning to see if they checked it. Sometimes the reps will receive the UPS shipments but not check them due to how busy they are / staff & such.

I would contact the store tomorrow & see.

Thanks so much!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello joeyma1996

You are welcome! 🙂

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around
Got the phone this afternoon. I'm very impressed with the feel of this phone. Seeing as it's bigger and heavier than predecessor, it still feels better in the hand. The camera is still the biggest draw back of the phone but it seems to be far better than the m7. The front facing camera is really good though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zombiejc

That's good!! Yeah the front facing camera is 5MP which is great! The back is still 4MP but updated and all.

I love using the phone tho.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

I did some search on Rogers RedBoard forums & i saw this..

"Rogers customers can currently purchase the gunmetal grey device online using the Rogers Reservation System, even before it’s available in-store! Rogers will also offer the glacier silver model starting April 10."

This means if you want the glacier silver HTC One M8, you can get it via store on & after April 10th. The reservation only gives you Gunmetal Gray.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2014/weekend-reading-smartphones-smartphones-and-more-smartphones/

msanie
I've Been Around
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how soon everyone's phone was shipped after they placed their order.

I ordered mine on the device registration website on the 27th at around 1 and went from position 30 to 1 and then "in progress" within an hour. It is now the 31st and it's still "in progress" and I've yet to receive the shipping confirmation email. Anyone else order on the Thursday and hasn't received the shipping confirmation either?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello msanie

Mine shipped 2 days after but mind you they had devices in Stock. Depends in when they get more shipments in.

Since yours is IN PROGRESS that means that they have your device and it's being ready to ship. Please do have in mind that they do not ship any devices out during Saturday and Sunday. They may ship it tonight or tomorrow night . 

Don't worry to much, you will get it mid week 🙂  

katiepin
I Plan to Stick Around

where do you order them online? All i see is how to rexerve them!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello katiepin

That's the ordering. You need to reserve one in order to get it before the April 10th Street date. Reserve one and wait until it ships.
Topic Stats
  • 160 replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 14 in conversation