Advanced Wi-Fi Modem not connecting to internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Advanced Wi-Fi Modem not connecting to internet

hi,i bought the new Advanced Wi-Fi Modem from rogers yesterday for my ultimate package ,after setup,all lights are on i mean upload ,download are blue as it should be ,the @ is also stable,but it keep saying no internet access on computer,old modem has no problem,i tried the old usb from my old modem to connect the new modem to internet but it says your username or pass is wrong,while trying the new usb with the new modem is doing nothing other than restarting the modem & saying call rogers which will be spending $50+ more to get a tech ,any help will be appreciated

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Advanced Wi-Fi Modem not connecting to internet

Error code: 82BD0305
Error description: An HNAP call to the device failed for an unknown reason.
Model name: unknown
Model number: CGN3ROG
Serial number: unknown
Firmware version: unknown
Operating system: Windows 7
Software version: 1.4.13206.0
Connection type (WAN): unknown
IP address (LAN): unknown
IP address (WAN): unknown
Computer IP address: 0.0.0.0

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sounds like your new CGN3 had not been properly activated or added to your account. Call Rogers to double check. If the CGN3 had been properly activated you would not have had a chance to use your old modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would agree.. doesnt seem like its properly activated/provisioned on the account correctly.

And, ANY tech visit, should NOT cost anything, as long as its not user indused.  If its a modem/setup issue like it is there where wont connect at all? its a rogers issue... no charge.
If that is up and running, and you just cant get one device to connect.. that could be device related, and therefore outside of their coverage, and chargable.

I've Been Here Awhile

We just picked up the new one on Friday Jan 2nd and ever since we switched we keep loosing our internet connection as well.

No reason, it just seems to intermittently loose it's connection.  Our old one worked fine, it was just slower and we needed more speed.

Also some of our divices are not connecting to it even when it is working.  No idea whats happening.

Already called Rogers once and they just reset it at their end and changed our network name,  didn't help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The dropouts.. if HOURLY, may be a back end issue.. which seems to be going in waves at they are upgrading something.

As for the not connecting part.. how are these devices connecting to it?

I've Been Here Awhile

wireless... after multiply attempts we got our PS3 connected, but our Boxee will not connect.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What type of security is it set up on?

That one is dual band (5.8 and 2.4 range). 
The network names, normally can be set up differently (different names, if you want).
Do you know which one you are connecting to?
I have a dual band 3rd party router.. and some devices have an issue with the 5.8, even though they support it.
If i connect to the 2.4, they are fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

I would be interested in hearing what Rogers syas or does about this, as I suspect it the DNS proxy gateway connecting to the Rogers DNS gateway that is causing a delay making the Boxee connect process time out.

If it suddenly starts to work or starts to work after trying to reconnect (turn off and on quickly without other devices interferring wiht ht ehand out of LAN IP addresses) it will confirm these network problems are Rogers DNS setup. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Further question is if the PS3 is reset do you lose the connection?