Advanced Echange

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xnoogzx
I've Been Here Awhile

Advanced Echange

I need help.

I was told in June that I was doing an Advance Exchange for a brand new phone out of pocket cost was $250. My phone has always acted weird, and so I called in to see if what I was told was true. It turns out I was given a refurbished phone under the handset protection guarentee, and that my early hardware upgrade fee is still $299. 

How do I complain?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Advanced Echange

Hello Xnoogx

The advance Exchange is for Refurb phones ONLY. Most likely the phone did cost $250 from that list. You can complain by contacting Rogers & speaking to a Manager but nothing can most likely be done. Try seeing if they can do anything but i doubt they will give you a free brand new phone or anything. They will most likely send you out another Refurb device just like yours.

Here you are straight from Rogers site.

"If you're still within the manufacturer's warranty period (within the first year of purchase) and your device stops working, return your device to a Rogers store and take advantage of either our Courtesy Phone & Repair Program or Advance Exchange Program (a $35 service fee applies).

Advance Exchange

If you need a faster turnaround, for $35 you can take advantage of our Advance Exchange Program by calling 1 888 ROGERS 1 (764-3771). You will receive a same or like refurbished model within 3-5 business days. Simply return your defective device."

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/handset-protection?cm_mmc=Redirects-_-HandsetProtection_Eng-_-Hand...

xnoogzx
I've Been Here Awhile

It's too bad they told me it would be brand new, and I wa...

It's too bad they told me it would be brand new, and I was blatantly lied to, to my face. There's no reprocussions. If I had known that, I would have just outright bought a device at the time. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: It's too bad they told me it would be brand new, and I wa...

Hello xnoogzx

You can alway compalin about it BUT the Manager may not be able to do anything as the program is for Refurb devices only as you can see. They gave you the right list BUT wrong wording by telling you NEW. Also do not hbe mistaken, most Refurb devices are NEW, just only been used once for less then 15 days OR less then 30 minutes of talk time.