Additional outlets

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Additional outlets

Hello all, maybe someone here can explain this to me since i'm rather confused after talking to a Rogers rep. today. I signed up for Digital Plus a few weeks ago and today tried to activate a second HD terminal that was purchased from a friend. I was told i had to pay an extra $6.99/month for a additonal outlet.

In the features listed for the Digital Plus package it clearly stated "Connect up to 3 additional TVs at no additional cost". When i explained this, i was told this was only for the VIP package and had to pay if i wanted to use the 2nd rogers terminal. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Additional outlets

You are correct jml74 in what Rogers has posted on their Website:

Digital Plus Get all the benefits of digital television with a dash of specialty programming thrown ...

I would suggest calling again and speaking with another CSR. The problem with Rogers CSRs is that it is hit and miss. Speaking to some of them is like talking to a brick wall, while others are really good. If after speaking to another CSR, you get the same answer, then ask to speak to a supervisor and refer them to their own Website. Once they see what is on their own site, they often change their tune!

By the way, I hope you are not confusing extra connections with extra terminals. You can have up to 4 "cable connections" in your home at no extra charge with Digital Plus. However, you will be required to pay for each digital terminal that is hooked up to a TV. Many customers have been able to negotiate deals though where they get the digital terminal free for one year. 

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the response. I will call back and talk to another CSR. I have already purchased the 2nd digital terminal so i will only have 3 cable connections total (2 TV & 1 cable modem) in use, it just seemed like since i wasn't renting the terminasl they wanted to try and get more money out of me. Thanks again.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, of course! If you own the digital terminal, there should be no extra charge. The only extra charge is when you are renting from Rogers. 

I've Been Around

I am a bit confused.  I also have digital plus and my services show I can have one extra outlet included in my plan but the technician told me I would have to pay for. What is the difference between an outlet and a digital terminal?  The only hardware I am able to see is the cable coming in through the wall from the outside.  A two-way splitter which splits into my internet high speed modem and also to the digital cable box.  Can I split the cable to another tv and use the tv without a digital cable box?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

> What is the difference between an outlet and a digital terminal?

The outlet is the wall cable connection ... the digital terminal is the box that bridges the cable from the outlet and your TV.

> Can I split the cable to another tv and use the tv without a digital cable box.

Yes, but you will not get all the available channels you signed up for without the cable box. This is assuming your TV has a built-in convertor (most should ... even our 15 year old SONY Trinitron worked!).
I've Been Here Awhile

So lets get this straight. With either Digital Basic or Digital Plus, you get a selection of channels, some in standard and some in Hi Def. For both packages, a set-top-box is used to access/watch these channels, the standard box ($4.56/mo) to watch the standard def channels only, the hi-def box ($13.14/mo) to watch the standard and the hi-def channels, right?

Now, going back to the OP's question above, quoted in your reply, would channels 2 - 52 be watchable on a TV from a cable split from the incoming line before the digital set-top-box?

Or, another way of putting it, if the user had 2 TV's (or 3 or 4), only the TV connected to the box gets the full range of channels allowed by the box purchased/rented, while all other TV's connected to an outlet only would get the same channels offered with the service previously sold in the pre-digital days.

Or, yet one more way to express this, is there any difference in the channels available now with Rogers cable, no box involved, and the channels that will be there at additional outlets paid for monthly today, no box connected?       

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried to delete this previous post, but no way to edit either. Answer is that a box is needed to decode the signal at TV. Sorry to have posted.