Adding multiple songs to music playlist in Android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Adding multiple songs to music playlist in Android

I have a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 and the stock Google music player. Is there an easy way to create playlists with it? Specifically, is there a way to select multiple songs at once and add them to a playlist? So far, I can only add one song at a time which is a real pain in the donkey.

TIA

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: Adding multiple songs to music playlist in Android

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I don't know if this is possible to to that with the Android app. You might want to look at the Play Store to find some playlist generator app, like "My Music Playlist Creator"

A workaround could be to create your playlist(s) in Windows Media Player, then transfer the playlist to your Android device. To do that:

1) In Windows Media Player, create your playlist or edit an existing one. Don't forget to save any change you make to that playlist;

2) Then, go to the "Sync" tab. Drag your playlist into the sync list. Sync to your device.

Your newly created or modified list will be sent to your device -- any missing song in your device should be sync too. In Android, your music player should see the playlist.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks. I'll try the Windows thing. It just seems strange that Google doesn't do it natively through its app like Apple does on its devices.