Adding another set top box to Motorola whole home PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micheljleger
I Plan to Stick Around

Adding another set top box to Motorola whole home PVR

Hello,

I want to add a second set top box to my motorola whole home PVR.  I conected everything and called to put the box on my account, I can get all my channels and everything, but my new box does not seem to communicate to my whole home PVR.  Does a technician actually have to come and do this, or can I configure the box myself?

***Edited labels***

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Adding another set top box to Motorola whole home PVR

Hi micheljleger,

Have you been able connect your new box?

RogersDarrell

micheljleger
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersDarrell,

I have had no luck so far, the box works fine and records and everything, but I cant seem to connect it to my whole home PVR.

I looked at the secret menu (power off, then quickly hit select), a trick I learned from another forum and see all N/A's in the connected home menu.

I will be calling Rogers, maybe they need to send another signal to sync the box to the others.

Mike,

micheljleger
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers tech came over this morning, it looks like you cant have two DCX3400 on one cable line.  That sucks, I would have loved to be able to have a second PVR.  Ah well I guess I'll have to trade it in fro a DCX-700M

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh.. that intersting.

I know out in ontario, they use the Cisco boxes, not the moterola ones.  And you are able to have more than one with it (apparently).  Maybe its some limitation with the hardware on those ones.