Adding a second number to an existing account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Adding a second number to an existing account

As the Subject suggests. I have searched for this topic and cannot find the info I'm looking for.

Scenario is this: I upgraded to iPhone 5c, I have an iPhone 4 I wish to give to my mom. I want to know if I can set up a secondary number on my existing account for her BUT she lives in Ontario, I am in Alberta. I will be responsible for the account info and payments.

I tried accessing the chat function but sat for 20 mins without a response to my question. I figured I'd try here - you guys seem to know more anyway! LOL

Thanks in advance.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Adding a second number to an existing account

Hello Kimid

Yes u can. As long as u are responsible for the line and payments. Also it all depends on your credit rating, payment history with Rogers. Best solution isto call in and ask about this. They Will know better .

I have 3 lines on my name and one of the lines is in Vancouver ( my uncles line). I have no issues at all.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kimid

Yes u can. As long as u are responsible for the line and payments. Also it all depends on your credit rating, payment history with Rogers. Best solution isto call in and ask about this. They Will know better .

I have 3 lines on my name and one of the lines is in Vancouver ( my uncles line). I have no issues at all.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks so much! I don't foresee any issues with credit etc. I just wanted clarification on the different provinces and if that'd work.

Again, thanks for the (quick) reply.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello KimiD

You are welcome!! 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

A couple of followup questions:

if you transfer responsibility from one person to another and then both lines are under the second person:

(1) can the name associated with the transferred line have a different name (for CID purposes) than the person holding the responsible account?  For example:   uncle acct transferred responsibility to nephew; do both lines show up as nephew or can one be id'd as uncle and the other as nephew?

2) how are the two lines billed? same bill, split out?

thx,

Wayne

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @waynerobbins, thanks for your questions.

Yes, you would be able to switch the actual “user name” to a different name than the “Account holder name”. This would allow the user of the phone to have their own name show up on call ID when making outgoing phone calls from said device. You would just need to notify the agent of the user name you would like on that line.

Regarding the billing setup, based on the selected plan - you can have the option to add it to the same billing account number or have separate account numbers. Once this is complete you will just have your final bill for your "old account number" 

Hope this helps. If you PM me, I am sure I can assist as well. 🙂