Activating a New Rocket Hub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdmaclew
I Plan to Stick Around

Activating a New Rocket Hub

I have just purchased a new Rocket Hub - ZTE MF275R to replace my old one (same model) because it was becoming unstable.

The old one is showing signs of new life and I was wondering if I have to activate the new one as soon as I get it or can I keep it in the box until the old one fails?

Thank you.

Doug

***Edited Labels***

RogersZia

Re: Activating a New Rocket Hub

Good afternoon @gdmaclew,

Hopefully the current one lasted you a while and you get the same mileage (if not more) from the new Rocket Hub too! Just a couple of things to clarify; you can absolutely hold on to the new hub while the old one is still working, however I would recommend you to set up the new one to check if everything is in order. Just to make sure there are no surprises especially once the Buyer's Remorse period ends. In addition, is the new device attached to the same number that's currently assigned to the Hub? Or is this a new line? I ask, because the new line could already be activated at the time of purchase.

Hope this helps Robot Happy!

RogersZia

gdmaclew
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Zia.

Thanks for the reply.

The current one was bought in April 2016...so 2 years and 4 months.

I don't know which number the new one will be assigned to. I assume it will be the same one.

The only thing that  would make me install the new one immediately is that the Sales Tech said that my current one is not a true LTE router and the new one is LTE Plus.

I get max 30 Mbps now and she said I would get max 50Mbps.

The strange thing is, for the last week I have had nothing but dropouts from my current unit (never happened before this week) and in the last 24 hours it has behaved itself. Maybe it knows the new one is coming and has decided to impress me.

Thanks again Zia.

gdmaclew
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the new Rocket Hub on Wednesday July 3rd at 11:45am.

I asked for the fastest possible delivery.

It still hasn't arrived yet.

What's going on?

Thank you.

RogersCorey

Hello @gdmaclew!

I know timely delivery is important however our delivery window is typically 3-5 business days. Today would be the earliest day you could receive it. 

If you haven't received it by Tuesday evening (the 5th business day from your order), please let us know by PMing us @CommunityHelps and we will investigate and escalate if need be. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

gdmaclew
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Corey.

I was promised 24-48 hours on an expedited delivery, so I was expecting it this week.

I had to order it by phone because not one of the stores (corporate or dealer) had one.

I will then expect it early next week.

Let's hope my current one holds out until then.

Doug

RogersCorey

Hi @gdmaclew!

There's still time that it could arrive today! 

Depending upon the time the package was posted, it may not have shipped until Thursday morning.

Let's hope it gets there today. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

gdmaclew
I Plan to Stick Around

I just received a call from Rogers to tell me my router that I ordered on July 3rd before noon will now arrive within 10 days!

This is incredible. Not only have I received 3 shipping estimates (24-48 hrs, 3-5 days and now 10 days) but I cannot believe that Rogers cannot stock a router in a big city like Ottawa in any of their stores.

Or that they can't give one and only one shipping estimate.

I have an idea why but I'll keep it to myself.

I guess rural customers aren't as important as urban ones.

Unacceptable.

RogersZia

We do value all our customers @gdmaclew, but shipping can be delayed due to several different reasons. And yes, stock availability is a big reason why there may be changes to your estimated shipping times. Have you heard any updates since Sunday?

RogersZia

gdmaclew
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Zia.

Not a word since Sunday.

Doug