Acer Liquid E Battery / Charging

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Acer Liquid E Battery / Charging

I am unable to get my Acer Liquid E to completely charge. I have followed the manufacturer's recommendations - Charge the unit for eight hours prior to first use - but I am still not able to get a complete charge. I plug the unit in overnight (over 8 hours) and it still only charges to 75% or below. I am on my second Liquid E and it is exhibiting the same behaviour. I plug it into the wall to charge, and I have tried charging the unit while it is on and while it is off, doesn't seem to make much difference. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Acer Liquid E Battery / Charging

A quick google search did not reveal anything, and if it was a common problem I’m sure the forums would be filled with them.

The only thing I could think of is that maybe it’s a software glitch that either stops it from fully charging, or more likely misreads the % of battery left.

Do you get a good amount of time out of the charge?

Does it stay at that 75% battery level for an extraordinarily long amount of time?

I Plan to Stick Around

It held the 70% charge for over 12 hours of heavy use. And, I had gotten rogers to send me a replacement, once the replacement came, I put the (new) battery in the replacement phone, plugged in the phone to the charger (AC - not computer) and did NOT turn the phone on. I left it for over 48 hours and it did not reach a full charge - keep in mind this is a fresh out of the box phone - no SIM, no SD and no apps. So, then what I did was backup my original, remove the SIM and SD and did a reset (privacy - reset phone). I then plugged the phone in to the wall, NOT powered on or setup, and voila, 5 hours later it had a full charge. I then did the same with the new phone before I put my SIM and SD in (privacy - phone reset), and after setting the phone up, I plugged it into my computer and in under five hours it too had a full charge that lasted over 12 hours of heavy use. However, once I had loaded on some apps, it did take longer to reach a full charge. I did that a couple of times (switching back and forth between the handsets and doing the phone reset, and so far so good, my original is charging fine, but appears to charge MUCH faster when powered on and connected to the computer, charging when the phone is ON and plugged into the wall is slower. Go figure. I had to return the replacement phone rogers sent me because the menu button didnt work properly, but other than that I digg this phone man. And I have no other issues, overheating or anything, and battery life seems tro be normal for a smart phone. And I use it like crazy. Now if they would just give me an unlimited data plan for fifty bucks a month all would be well 😉

I Plan to Stick Around

I have an acer and a galaxy s...I still love the acer even after using the Galaxy...I love both of them...and they each have their good and bad points...the only thing about the acer is the batter life...How long does your acers run for? I can actually watch it drop from 100% to about 80% in about 1 hr...That is using it quite a bit however my galaxy S can run the whole day and still have 60% left..And I do a lot of surfing and watching movies...I decided to try froyo 2.2 and it seemed to be about the same...Hopefully when the actual release comes out it will have better power consumption figures...Did anyone here of any release dates for the official 2.2? I keep reading Fido will be uprading their Acer however nothing on Rogers...However there are no dates...only promises..I have to say the Acer is one easy phone to play with...I managed to root it and flash several different rom's on it after only doing a few weeks of research...Not as easy as jailbreaking an iphone however it was pretty easy...Once it is rooted the possibilities are endless...There are so many developers for this phone it's not funny...Reason for this is that Acer made it easier than other companies to modify the phone cause they basically only put a basic version of android and did not customize it like the others did...It also has basically the same specs as tthe nexus one ..except for the cheap plastic casing ...lol...But for the price you can't find a better phone hardware wize and in Europ this phone is very very popular.....I just wish people would stop knocking it...Acer makes a good product...I have several of their laptops and pc's and they are sweet...The only difference is... that Acer did not spend the millions on marketing that the other companies did....My 2 cents..cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

man i wish i bought the acer instead of my x10 😞