Accidental roaming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Accidental roaming

Hi

Just a quick question. I am on vacation in the uk and am using my phone for wireless connection only. However I upgraded to ios7 last night and when I got my phone in the morning it was connected to a carrier. Is there anyway I can find out how long it was roaming for and how much that will be

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Accidental roaming

Unfortnately, there is no EASY way 😞

Now.. if you have data roaming OFF as a setting, it hopefully should not have used any data anyways in that way.. so even if not on wifi, it should not generally use celular data.
You shouldnt have any fees for call/text, unless you got any (and you would be charged for those anyways, as they dont use wifi).

Cant seem to find the current page with the listed rates for some reason 😛
But from what i could find elsewhere.. looks like the rates are about
$2/min talk

75c / text message

3c / kb data

I Plan to Stick Around

Make sure the data roaming is OFF. If you want to be double sure turn on cellular data off. For texts and calls if you don't answer any of them there won't be charges. But if you do Gdkitty told you the rates.
Rogers Employee grandpajim
Rogers Employee

http://www.rogers.com/roaming

• Half way down the page click on " view map "
  • At the top of the map is a drop down to select country. Britain = United Kingdom.
  • The rates and companys will drop down below the map.

Hope this helps

-------------------------------------------

Update

In Addition to the solution on cost provided above you can text USAGE to 3330 to know how much Usage You have used on your  trip.