cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessories for Rogers SGS2 LTE

harry_fine
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my SGS2 today from a Rogers store on Avenue Road in Toronto.

I'm looking for a good case before I drop it.  I'm a bit nervous buying online because there are too many derivitives of the SGS2.  Some are called SGS2 X, SGS2 LTE, SGS2 4G and SGS2 9100.  I know tht they are not all the same.  Bell has the 4.3 inch screen while I think the Rogers LTE is 4.5.

So how do I know what I'm buying when I look at accessories, particularly cases?  Anyone have any good recommendations for cases?  Found a few sites that look interesting?

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s2/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-case-ultra-capsule-series...

http://www.zenuscaseusa.com/Galaxy-S2-Products/b/3207153011?ie=UTF8&title=Galaxy%20S2

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Harry

******* Edit labels ********

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Accessories for Rogers SGS2 LTE

samsvoc
I Plan to Stick Around

Where can one buy a charging dock and spare battery for the S2 LTE?

lubiya
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @daniiiel, 

I bought the case form case123

http://www.case123.com/Case-mate-Barely-There-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-4G-LTE-p/p01ssi727al001si_cm.htm

It fits perfect and there is no problem with gps reception so far.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@lubiya wrote:

@Thanks @daniiiel

I bought the case form case123

http://www.case123.com/Case-mate-Barely-There-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-4G-LTE-p/p01ssi727al001si_cm.htm

It fits perfect and there is no problem with gps reception so far.

It looks good, but do you think it provides any protection if the phone is dropped?

lubiya
I Plan to Stick Around

the case is a pretty solid metal(or a very hard plastic that looks like metal !) , so it will definitely protect in some degree, although it might not be as protective as a silicone case.

shaggyskunk
Thanks lubiya!

I just went to a tbooth in Guelph and they had ishieldz screen protector only available for 19.99

offwiththeface
I've Been Here Awhile
hi i ordered the sgp neo hybrid from amazon for the skyrocket and it fits my sgs2 lte perfect also comes with a good quality screen protector. i say for 26 bucks its a good buy.

@offwiththeface Any issues with the mic and speaker not lining up?

shaggyskunk

@kid_icarus wrote:

Those SGP cases can be ordered from the sgpstore.

They go for 26,99. USD

I ordered one from their store, as I've ordered cases from them before.

Shipping is $4 USD

Best part is that it comes with the SGP Steinhell screen protectors and from my experience they are pretty solid (if applied properly)

So to your door it's about $32 after exchange. (no duties)

Considering that most of the cases sold here at bb or rogers store etc are typically $25 and up.. i didn't see this as a huge price difference for something more unique and "custom" vs the limited options that are usually carried in the store.

i'd prefer not to buy my cases from pac mall either as 1. i hate driving there and 2.. i don't like half their styles.

Hi Kid...Does the SGP case fit properly?  Also, how long did it take after you ordered the case for it to arrive?

Thanks!

Ceries
I've Been Here Awhile

So i got the SGP Neo Hybrid Case for the S2 "Skyrocket" and it fits perfectly, screen protector and all 😄 It took just over a week to ship with USPS international Ground Service.  Love this case!!

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s2-skyrocket/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-lte-case-neo-hy...

shaggyskunk
Picked up the case mate barely there, so far so good. I did not notice any drop in signal yet. I still may get the sgp case, it look like it may have better grip?

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to New York this weekend and dropped by one of the AT&T stores and got me the Otterbox Defender case they sell for their Galaxy Skyrocket. It fit perfectly on my LTE....I also got 2 HTC Vivid Otterbox Defender cases for my wife's and son's HTC Raiders. The case fit perfectly on their phones too.

I now have better WiFI reception with the Otterbox case compared to my old Case-Mate Barely There Brushed aluminum case. Also, with the Defender case, the on/off switch and volume switch aren't that sensitive anymore.

The Otterbox Defender cases are normally $50 each but AT&T has a promo if you buy 2 accessories you get one free.

They are excellent cases, nicely made.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Samsung+Galaxy+S+%28TM%29+...

shaggyskunk
Is anyone actually certain that there is any aluminium in the case mate? To me it seems more likely that it's just an aluminium" look" ?

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around
The case mate is mainly plastic, but has a aluminum plate on the back. I have had mine since I first posted about it a month ago. I have not lost any reception/had any reception issues since I got it. One thing I didn't like was the thin plastic bars around the buttons (made them hard to press), so I removed them with side cutters. Other than that its been a good case, hardly even notice it.

pp1111
I Plan to Stick Around

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered a case from Fortte.com. customer service was great and they have ensured that the case will fit.
I bought a case from them before and it was great.

lowpunyau
I've Been Here Awhile

I visited that CASE123.COM place in Markham too (too bad they only open on sat), they seem to have alot of new phone cases available for the 4G LTE.  both the case-mate pop case and the otterbox impact series are amazing, so hard to choose...  i did ended up getting the pop case though, as too many people are using otterbox out there.   fits like a glove!!!

tonydAnzaa
I Plan to Stick Around

futureshop has i think 2 cases available for galaxy s2 LTE, i checked in store, one is 19.99 other one is around 39.99. the 39.99 felt a bit expensive, but maybe you guys wanna check it out if you have a futureshop near you

lowpunyau
I've Been Here Awhile

wow, these CASE123 guys bring in their stuff fast.  forget about the case-mate now, they have the Otterbox Defender and the Otterbox Commuter available now for the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G LTE!!!  i picked up the defender yesterday (looks like they are open this week during the weekdays), and there's like another 2 guys picking up otterbox for their 4G LTE too.  Fits like a glove, and i'm not afraid to drop the phone now.......  not that i would ever want to do that.  

I have to say,  Having used the SGP Neo Hybrid, the Otterbox Commuter and the Case-mate barely there for this phone, I prefer the SGP.  Yes, the speaker cutout is slightly off, but there's a lot less bulk than the commuter, and provides better shock protection than the barely there (which basically provides none).

The Otterbox Commuter is absolutely solid, and feels like it could take a substantial drop, but essentially doubles the thickness of the phone, which makes it incredibly difficult to hold in my hand =(

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats