cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessories for Rogers SGS2 LTE

harry_fine
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my SGS2 today from a Rogers store on Avenue Road in Toronto.

I'm looking for a good case before I drop it.  I'm a bit nervous buying online because there are too many derivitives of the SGS2.  Some are called SGS2 X, SGS2 LTE, SGS2 4G and SGS2 9100.  I know tht they are not all the same.  Bell has the 4.3 inch screen while I think the Rogers LTE is 4.5.

So how do I know what I'm buying when I look at accessories, particularly cases?  Anyone have any good recommendations for cases?  Found a few sites that look interesting?

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s2/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-case-ultra-capsule-series...

http://www.zenuscaseusa.com/Galaxy-S2-Products/b/3207153011?ie=UTF8&title=Galaxy%20S2

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Harry

******* Edit labels ********

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Accessories for Rogers SGS2 LTE

harry_fine
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's some sites advertising the AT&T LTE cases:

Cases for AT&T LTE

Is this the same?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I would buy a case from Telus but i rather not spend my money on a case that does not have the right cut out holes for my phone. I would never also cut my own holes seeing as you can also damage the case. Remember if you want a hard case then you CAN NOT cut the holes out.

mushisushi
I'm Here A Lot

Wow, i rushed and bought the wrong case... :facepalm:

Anyways, just as an fyi, the model number for the Rogers Galaxy SII LTE is I727R (from what I read on the xda forum). I'll double check this when i get home and look at my wifes phone.....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea Samsung came out with what 4 s2 LTE phones? lol but they all have a different number on them

Pouleterie
I've Been Here Awhile

Keeping this thread bumped up until someone finds a case in retail stores/online that actually fits it right(with proper hole alignments etc). I've no luck so far.

harry_fine
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in the same boat. Need yo find case and screen protector.

harry_fine
I Plan to Stick Around

This appears to be for the Rogers phone, since they have a page where you can select your carrier. 

http://www.case-mate.com/pulse/samsung-carriers.asp

Unless Casemate is misinformed, this might help. 

What do you think?

harry_fine
I Plan to Stick Around

And here:

AT&T Skyrocket Cases

Never got a real clear answer if the AT&T is the same phone?

Gregole
I Plan to Stick Around

Recently went to Best Buy(Metrotown) and bought this Casemate Barely There, Brushed Aluminum.  The 2 that I both come in silver and black and on the bottom left of the package, it says "Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S2 4G LTE/Skyrocket.  For screen protector, I went to Crystal Mall.  The one I got has a smaller, more rounded edges but it covers 95% of what it should cover up.

Ceries
I've Been Here Awhile

If Gregoles packaging is correct, then the S2 LTE (from Rogers) and S2 Skyrocket (from AT&T) will fit the same case.  If this is true then i would suggest this site.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/samsung/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-lte-case-neo-hybrid-series.html#t_f...

The info on the page is somewhat confusing because it sometimes calls the case LTE and sometimes Skyrocket.  I'm willing to take the chance though.  I'll let you know how it fits 🙂

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

Those cases should fit.

the speaker placement and the camera placement/size all match.

only problem is that the skyrocket's screen has a small button at the bottom while the rogers s2 doesn't have a button

so the screen protector won't be a match due to the cutout for the button.

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

Case123 in Markham right by Pacific Mall carries cases for the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE. It's not listed on their website yet, but they have advertised it elsewhere in other forums. Maybe you can check it out there...

CASE123.COM
Unit #12, 950 Denison Street,
Markham, ON L3R 3K5
(905)940-CASE

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around
Best buy has "barely there" case mates hard cover

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

If you're closeby Best Buy at Markville Mall in Markham, they have this Case-Mate Barely There case. I got one for my unit ($24.99). It does look nice and classy and fits perfectly. The box says for Samsung Galaxy S II 4G LTE / Skyrocket

It's exactly like this:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Case-mate-Barely-There-Brushed-Aluminum-Sa...

mushisushi
I'm Here A Lot

Don't forget to look at the reviews from case-mate. Looks like people have noticed a decrese in reception with the aluminum case.

I'm still hoping that china will start making cheap cases for this phone. Great phone, just don't want to pay a fortune for a case... 

cabanis
I'm Here A Lot

I want to buy a second AC charger for the office. Can anyone recommend one that's reliable?

I have spoken with Samsung and they have told me to purchase from microcel accessories but they don't have any specific ones for the SGS2 LTE. I have an email in to them waiting a reply. I don't have my existing cube AC connector with me to check amps and voltage.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

check this out,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-II-Skyrocket-4G-LTE-i727-AT-T-SILVER-SGP-Neo-Hybrid-Case-Co...

straight from korea, not as ugly as case mate. looks fat, but i bought white/black one

this one is for korea version of s2 lte, but they have 1mm difference so i'm giving a shot

ReillyWood
I'm Here A Lot

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@soondai14 wrote:

check this out,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-II-Skyrocket-4G-LTE-i727-AT-T-SILVER-SGP-Neo-Hybrid-Case-Co...

straight from korea, not as ugly as case mate. looks fat, but i bought white/black one

this one is for korea version of s2 lte, but they have 1mm difference so i'm giving a shot

Yeah, that case does look good.  Wonder when it will be available elsewhere?

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

Those SGP cases can be ordered from the sgpstore.

They go for 26,99. USD

I ordered one from their store, as I've ordered cases from them before.

Shipping is $4 USD

Best part is that it comes with the SGP Steinhell screen protectors and from my experience they are pretty solid (if applied properly)

So to your door it's about $32 after exchange. (no duties)

Considering that most of the cases sold here at bb or rogers store etc are typically $25 and up.. i didn't see this as a huge price difference for something more unique and "custom" vs the limited options that are usually carried in the store.

i'd prefer not to buy my cases from pac mall either as 1. i hate driving there and 2.. i don't like half their styles.

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around
I purchased the case mate barely therecase and have not had any reception problems with it. So far, i love it.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats