Accessing the online usage tool?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Accessing the online usage tool?

Today I tried to use the online usage tool and the rogers.com website somehow has lost my account details.  So that means I cannot use the usage tool to find out my current usage.  When I go to the page it says that there isn't an account associated with my profile.  That's obviously an error because up until a few days ago I was able to check my usage.  Now I have to enter my account details again?  No.  I don't think so.  From now on I shall be calling everyday to find out what my current usage status is.  I've got time, I don't mind.  Thanks Rogers for messing up my online experience yet further.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Accessing the online usage tool?

I've had it tell me "There is no account linked to this subscription" when trying to use the online tool.  I have to close every open window of Firefox and restart it to get it to work (even rebooting doesn't fix it, because it caches the session ID). 

I've called Rogers on this, and they told me that they won't do anything because I'm using Linux and it's all my fault.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried calling again -- waiting on hold for 20+ minutes -- and was told it was a 'technical' problem that should be sorted sometime today.  Yay!  Not.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

The website does that from time to time or from time of day to time of day... Try again late at night or something.. Usually the servers are overwhelmed and just can't get the data...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had it tell me "There is no account linked to this subscription" when trying to use the online tool.  I have to close every open window of Firefox and restart it to get it to work (even rebooting doesn't fix it, because it caches the session ID). 

I've called Rogers on this, and they told me that they won't do anything because I'm using Linux and it's all my fault.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Next time pretend your using windows... Windows and OSX people have the same problem...
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Chris

Its pretty bad you have to lie to a Rogers Rep to get service because they're so poorly trained.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

It took years of pretending my cable modem was plugged directly into my computer before I could safely admit I had a router in the mix. I wasn't about to move my entire desktop down to the basement to where the cable modem was..

Yes it is bad but it's reality.. It costs too much money to train people on every possible combination so instead they go with the most common.

That said they should have a small percentage than can help you and you should be transfered to them..
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I hated talking to Rogers Tech Support, because they always insisted my router was the problem, despite it working perfectly, and despite my tracerts, pathpings, and 3dtraces showing problems elsewhere. 

They just can't seem to understand that some of their customers know more about troubleshooting these issues than they do, and that these customers only call into Rogers as a last resort.  I hate talking to the script reading idiots at Rogers Tech Support.  I cheer if I manage to get someone who knows what they're doing.. 

I ended up talking to this one ID10T (seriously, they bleep THAT?) woman 2 weeks ago, who refused to assist me at all while I had my router hooked up.  Despite there being calls from my entire street about problems with the internet (random disconnections, slow speed, etc), despite them rolling Rogers trucks EVERY DAY to my street to attempt to find the cause of the problem for the neighbourhood, it was MY router that was the cause.  *shakes her head*  These people just don't get it.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

MAN... I can't believe your router took out the entire street!! 😉

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank's for the insight Darkpaw -- I stupidly never thought of restarting FF, and will try that next time it happens.  They did admit that it was a problem on their end and had it fixed by the next day.  That *****BLEEP***** meter is an abomination.