Access to US network websites

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Access to US network websites

In a great mood and figured why not post in the Rogers Community Forum so that a roaming Guru can say why the Wide Wide World of Rogers is alive and kicking.

Background: I am a VIP user with all the stations.  I am 100% aware of Rogers on demand site.  I am aware that stations like TMN and HBO are there.  Other stations too - shows appear.

Yet when I go to US sites and they allow me to watch shows, Rogers is NOT listed (of course neither is Shaw Jr.).  I am wondering why there are no agreements in place.  I am paying Rogers.  Rogers pays ABC.  ABC should let me in.  

When I want to integrate a product like PlayOn - they don't offer a channel "Rogers On Demand".  And for the stations I want - they don't show "Rogers" as a provider.  IMO Rogers should be a provider.

Why is this?  (And I am not even a cord cutter - if I was, then when I go to TCM, my login would fail since the authentication between Rogers and TCM for me - would be invalid).  

Anyways, all this demonstrates why having Canadian cable is  no good  (read - no competition so why would they do anything to help its customers beyond the bare minimum).

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Access to US network websites

"Yet when I go to US sites and they allow me to watch shows, Rogers is NOT listed (of course neither is Shaw Jr.).  I am wondering why there are no agreements in place.  I am paying Rogers.  Rogers pays ABC.  ABC should let me in.  "

Since the rights to most American shows are owned by Canadian networks, Rogers doesn't want to pay twice to allow you to watch.

Rogers pays CTV for the online rights to shows, why pay a second time to ABC?