Access Rogers New Modem/router 3gn from work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Access Rogers New Modem/router 3gn from work

Hi, can you please tell me how I can access my router from work to home, I need to get into my router/modem to change a setting to allow me to access remote desktop.

Thanks

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Access Rogers New Modem/router 3gn from work

Externally, no, i do not beleive its possible.

Usually you have to have something like remote desktop enabled to begin with, to be able to access home, and then do it.

(I use teamviewer to connect to home)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I do not think that is possible
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Externally, no, i do not beleive its possible.

Usually you have to have something like remote desktop enabled to begin with, to be able to access home, and then do it.

(I use teamviewer to connect to home)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not able to access rogers modem from external wifi network

Hello,

I have a very strange problem.  It seems that my cable modem can be connected to only from some external network and not others.  I was able to find my cable modem's external IP address and configure an app that I used to connect to it to a specific port.  When I run my app (on my smartphone) connected via LTE then it connects and works fine but when I'm on my work wifi it won't connect.  When I'm using McDonald's wifi it won't connect but when I use Starbuck's wifi it connects fine.  Very odd.  Have anyone seen this before or have a solution for it?  Thanks.