About internet access using Rogers Home Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

About internet access using Rogers Home Service

I understand Rogers Home Service is based on the 4G LTE wireless network. Currently, my home is pre-wired and using Telus.

Questions:
1. Can I have multiple corded and cordless phones using the existing jacks in the house with Rogers Home Service? If so, the installation can be performed by Rogers? After initial installation, can it be moved - say to my vacation home with Rogers coverage and then brought back without too many installation steps?
2. Can I get Internet with Rogers Home Service? I assumed I can but I could not find the information on the Rogers website ... but please point me to the right URLs. I will keep searching.
3. What is the realistic down time for Rogers Home Service with Internet? Can I have some statistics please?

Many thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: About internet access using Rogers Home Service

Hello @rting , and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

In regards to Wireless Home Phone installation see the 'How To: Get Started with Rogers Wireless Home Phone' floated at the top of the Home Phone board here.

And for Wireless Home Phone and Internet eligibility's check your Province and Postal Code here: https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wirelesshomephone

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

RogersDarrell,

Let me see if you could understand my first question.

Installation: I need to use 4 existing jacks wired into the wall for MULTIPLE phones around the house.  Multiple phones means that there needs to be multiple jacks connected.  The information provided and your website made ZERO reference to either it is possible or NOT possible to use MULTIPLE phones around the house.

If Rogers Home Service can accomplished MULTIPLE phones without the jacks around the house, please discuss the details or point me at the correct URL for information.  Surely you realize your website made reference to just connect "a phone" and did not go further into situation where people may need more than 1 phone?

Please can you answer by confirming that you understood the first question.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

As described in the 'How To: Get Started with Rogers Wireless Home Phone' you simply:

1. Plug the Rogers wireless home phone device into an electrical outlet.
  2. Connect the device to a home phone (corded/cordless)
  3. Start calling.

There is no use of home phone jacks with the Rogers Wireless Home Phone system. The device has two home phone ports, therefore only have two home phones is connected to the terminal.

One way you can work around this is to use cordless phones that have multiple base stations..

Hope this clears things up.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats not EXACTLY correct either.  Not trying to correct @RogersDarrell 🙂

Its just probably not technically 'supported' and if you needed to trouble shoot may have to plug a device into the unit direct.

Let me go back to you original questions:

1) You can technically use the jacks around the house.  Generally in most scenarios, as long as the house was wired correct, should all be connected to a central demark.  By taking the unit, and plugging a phone cord out of one of the output, and into one of the phone jacks.. it will then make it essentialy like an extension.  You plug then a phone in any port in another room.. and it travels from the unit, to the demarc, and back out to the other phone.
Again, should work fine, may just not be 'supported' per say... its the way my wired rogers home phone is set up 🙂

2) I know SOME of the older wireless internet modems did have a phone included in them.. none of the newer ones do that i am aware.  You would have to get them independantly.

3) That i could not tell you,  not USING the service myself... but as much i would say as the general cellular service being down.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Wow, that's very interesting @Gdkitty . Great possible alternative! It has me quite curious now.

I understand the technical details about your post so I understand how you came to this, but I have never heard of anyone actually attempting this with the Wireless Home Phone. As mentioned, correct this is not "supported" or yet even confirmed by Rogers to be working on the Wireless Home Phone.

@rting  Test it out, Let the community know if it worked!

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersDarrell, that clear things up. Hope you would consider adding the answers to your website as it is advertised as a home phone.

@GDkitty, now that's an answer!

Now I just need a clear answer on question 2. Can anyone give me a straight answer of yes or no?

@RogersAsif, I do not have Rogers Hone Services as yet. Considering it - first thing is for me to get some answers .............

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

To answer question #2

I am going to assume your are referring to "Mobile Internet" which is provided via a Cellphone Tower. Visit our website here for our Mobile Internet options. Yes you can have a Wireless Home phone and Mobile Internet as long as we have cellphone coverage in your area and you are outside of the Rogers Cable footprint.

If you are referring to hard-wired internet, visit our website here and enter your postal code to check the availability.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @RogersAsif,

Let me ask a slightly different question.

I want to know, if I get Rogers Home Service, will I be able to obtain internet service under the Rogers Home Service (separated from my mobile plans) - and connect the Rogers Home Service unit to a modem / home router?

Thx.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @rting 

Could you clarify what you mean by Rogers Home Service?

Our service is advertised as "Rogers Wireless Home Phone", keyword being Wireless. This product does not relate to other Home Services Rogers provides such as Internet, Mobile Internet, Cable TV, Wired Home phone. So you cannot get internet with 'Rogers Wireless Home Phone" or connect it to any modems/routers. It has an antenna which it receives the connection from a Cellphone Tower and is used only for voice calls.

It a completely separate product, which is intended for people for in an area where Rogers cannot provide 'Wired Home Phones"

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit Smiley Happy

RogersAsif