About Changing Rogers cable account over into my name

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

About Changing Rogers cable account over into my name

My mom died 4 months ago and she was getting basic Rogers cable. I want to transfer the account over into my name. I know I have been slow at getting things settled with her estate so much to do. Is it possible or will I have to cancel outright and what info do I need to cancel if I have to? By the way she was billed through the mail no credit card involved. I have been paying the bill promptly.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: About Changing Rogers cable account over into my name

Hi Sapphire2014,

Sorry for your lost. In this situation, the executor of the estate or family member (you) can also authorize a transfer fo responsibility if need be. A death certificate is not required and please call Care if needed. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sapphire2014

The best thing to do is contact Rogers Cable Department and speak to them and see what they can do. As its under her name and she has passed away ( i am sorry to hear that 😞 ). Explain to them she has passed away and that you either need to transfer the account to ur name or cancel it. They should be able to help you more with that.

It might be more difficult to transfer it over then to cancel.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was afraid of that. I dread phoning customer service so that's why I put it off. I was in no fit mental state to deal with customer service.  The first month that she died I was a zombie who stared at the TV and hardly ate since I lost my appetite. The only time I went out was to pay a bill or get marginal amounts of food to keep me going. So you think it might be better just to cancel then? I hope I don't get the retentions department arguing with me and offering lower prices to keep me. I just want to settle her affairs and hopefully get TV service in my name.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sapphire2014

Unfortunately thay is your only option or you can try Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps and see maybe they can do something but they might redirect you to call in to do this. Believe me i was in your state when one of my close family members past away a few years ago. I wasn't able to eat to watch TV or anything.

I would honestly cancel it if i were you. If you don't need it for the time being then it saves u money and the headaches on having it there. If u need cable you can call back and add cable but that's if u want it.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I will have to do that. The price of basic cable was getting ridiculous anyways and the quality of programming is going down. I often thought that mother was getting bum deal on her cable price but she stuck with it because she loved watching hockey and the news on TV.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sapphire2014

That is the best way then. Also do remember they might ask you for a death certificate or the estate owner you aren't that person. That is the only way they will verity her death and be able to cancel the account as its under her name. Speak to the reps and see what they say. Hope all goes well and works out well. I am sorry for you loss once again.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am the executor of her will so I have the legal authority to cancel all of her accounts and deal with any debts or money owed to her estate so I don't see a problem in acting on her behalf.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sapphire2014

Then you should be able to cancel / transfer it over to your name if you like. Anything you do, let them know and hopefully they help you out!. If you need any help come back and let us know:)
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok thanks Heart

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sapphire2014

You are very welcome !:)