ANDROID "STAGEFRIGHT" VULNERABILITY - SECURITY PATCH RELEASE DATE???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
axium
I'm Here A Lot

Re: ANDROID "STAGEFRIGHT" VULNERABILITY - SECURITY PATCH RELEASE DATE???

@RogersMaude

You didn't really answer my question. What I am asking you is if we (as Rogers Customers) follow the steps detailed in the link you provided, will be completely absolved of any and all risks and threats presented by the security vulnerability? I am trying to understand to what degree the precautions offer "protection". My understanding is that the MMS exploit is merely on of many potential manners in which the vulnerability may be exploited. Reading the article gives your customers the sense that they will not be vulnerable if they complete the recommendations. Again, I am asking if that is true.

Thanks.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Well Roger's pushed the update just like I knew they would, but it doesn't fix stagefright. Why would they release this update? I got the notification this morning. For the Z3 23.4.A.1.200 the one that everyone cannot figure out what exactly it does except make more stagefright libraries vulnerable. Why Roger's?
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

So since it's been some time I thought I would ask this question again. Can someone with Rogers please tell me when stagefright updates for the z3 will be released? Or even a guess? The last update made my phone completely vulnerable, why?
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any plans for a stagefright update in the near future? I have been waiting patiently a long with everyone else and can't even get the slightest hint toward this. Apparently my update was supposed to be released September 16th, it's getting close to 3 months later and nothing....

What bothers me is that they removed the thread that showed all the precautions to take and had lists of devices and release dates. Why is that gone? Anyway a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Just thought I would revive an old thread since no one has made an attempt to get back on this subject.

Been waiting for this update a long time and it has been released already so I am just wondering if there is any ETA as to when it could be released. If someone with some knowledge that works close with Rogers can reply that would be great.!

Also, why does it still say coming soon on the OS update page for the Z3 when the 5.1.1 update was released back in August? This is very confusing.

Thank you,

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I doubt there will be any more updates for the Z3, except maybe Marshmallow (if it gets released for the Z3). After a year, Carrier updates for phones tends to slow to a crawl.