ANDROID "STAGEFRIGHT" VULNERABILITY - SECURITY PATCH RELEASE DATE???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ANDROID "STAGEFRIGHT" VULNERABILITY - SECURITY PATCH RELEASE DATE???

It's a bit strange though don't you think lol you have a Rogers patch but no vulnerability but yet others do right? I don't mean to feel like Im picking on you @Meowmix
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

Haha no i don't think ur picking on me at all lol.  I don't know why I don't have it to be honest 😕 hmm

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

It's just that Im very concerned. I do alot with my phone and am usually very careful with anything I do now a days online, but if there is something out there that could potentially cause chaos in my life without me knowing it makes me very worried. And to being a customer and paying good money each and every month to Rogers for a service, I also expect them to take mine and yours and every other consumers security a little more serious. In the end when you are locked to their network it's up to them to be releasing patches for their branded devices. Sorry I just needed to rant, haven't had a good sleep or coffee yet 😁
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

Don't be sorry! We all need to rant at times but it doesn't seem to be Rogers doing this. It's google as we have seen. Rogers can only do so much right. I do wonder how come Samsung and all the manufacturers did fully fix this. That is what i want to know.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Sony already released a new small 2.5 Mb patch to fix all 35 stagefright libraries just recently. It's just a matter of when does Rogers get it and make it available to its customers.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

Exactly and until then no one knows. It's up to the manufacturers when they send them out and when Rogers releases it but Rogers should release it as soon as they test it and works fine.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

It's called money lol they might be putting out more money in R&D to get it done right with Google. I dunno lol just a wild guess.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah which is why I was a little confused. Thought it worked fine but had this strange feeling to keep checking and then I found out.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

So any idea on when we will get the correct patch to finally fix all libstagefright libraries? Sony released the 2.6mb patch last week and yet Rogers is not talking about this issue.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Just wondering if the patch will be rolling out soon? It's been quite some time now.