ANDROID "STAGEFRIGHT" VULNERABILITY - SECURITY PATCH RELEASE DATE???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: ANDROID "STAGEFRIGHT" VULNERABILITY - SECURITY PATCH RELEASE DATE???

Hello @soundwave80

Yeah i noticed that on my Note 4 but only a bit. We shall see what else happens
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay so after installing 5.1.1 which has the patch included I tested to see if my z3 is vulnerable and it came back saying everything wad good. I checked again like 2 minutes ago after updating the SF detector app and it now says I'm "Vulnerable" again. Why? What is going on now? This doesn't make sense. It's CVE-2015-3864 everything else checks out. This is starting to make me very concerned.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

Have you tried doing a factory reset after the update to see if that will fix this issue? i tested mine 4 times within the last 6 hrs & it saying all good.
soundwave80
I Plan to Stick Around

I did the factory reset,it seems to have fixed my battery issues but same as zeroz3hero it shows im still vulnerable to stagefright.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup still saying that I'm vulnerable.
Anthony_C
I've Been Around

Just did the upgrade and got result from Zimperium detector that indicates it is still vulnerable to CVE-2015-3864. Looks like Google itself may not have fix the vulnerablity entirely with the patch and that CVE is tracking that vulnerablity: https://blog.exodusintel.com/2015/08/13/stagefright-mission-accomplished/
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes this is really starting to get annoying. I actually got a random sms message sent to me the other day by an Important number and I quickly deleted it. Of course I had my sms auto download turned off it really scared me.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Anthony_C & @zeroz3hereo

It seems as Anthony said that it seems like Google it self hasn't fixed it with one patch at all. My buddy said the same as he noticed his has this issue as well.
zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Well then why is yours not vulnerable? If you say you have the same phone, same firmware and patch? @Meowmix
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

I don't know to be honest. Maybe it's because mine is factory unlocked and it's a European model? I don't know.