cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AND AGAIN! THE NETBOX 3 REBOOTS ON ITS OWN!

remaxman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVIE! FROZE THEN REBOOTS!

**Edited for content**

***Edited labels***

Steve
20 REPLIES 20

Re: AND AGAIN! THE NETBOX 3 REBOOTS ON ITS OWN!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello remaxman

Wow man it seems the Nexbox 3.0 hates you :/. Mine has not done anything like that nor my neighbors either. It seems its ONLY affecting a few customers. I wonder what is causing this. It can not be the box as all the boxes you had, have been rebooting. Its most likely the OS at this point having a bug. That is my only explanation to this.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Given the number of problem boxes you've had, the boxes can't be the problem.  Have you had techs out to check your lines?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Lurker

That is what i thought. Reading his past posts about the NextBox 3.0, i am starting to think its NOT the boxes, it could be his / her line outside OR the OS which can cause this. Reboots happen for different reasons but not all the boxes get it. So its not the boxes fault here.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Yeah, it's beyond being the box at this time.

The one thought I had on it, is possibly the nextbox 3 more sensitive to power fluctuations? Could be its detecting an EVER so slight power drop, where the other boxes were fine that this is detecting it.

Remaxman are you swapping the power brick when swapping?

remaxman

Yes we have had 3 visits by Tech's. All new wiring inside. Outside they hung the wire from a tree for 3 weeks and it was better. They were suppose to dig up the front lawn and re lay the wire but I came home one day and the wire was gone. They didnt dig up the lawn. Today 1/2 the channels are gone. Tech guy coming again tomorrow.

Steve

remaxman

They have put an amp at the main junction inside my house. They have put resistors on the cable boxes and the internet box. Just nuts. We wait and see what they can come up with tomorrow.

Steve

About that temp line gone.. when you call in, ask to talk to the cable bury department.

I ran into the SAME thing when i had my time line.. the came out.. and they removed it, as they 'tested' at that time and it was good on the old line.. so never did anything but remove the old.
This is usually done by someone rogers 3rd party contracts out to.   In my case, that company CHARGED rogers for a bury, they never did.

BB88
I Plan to Stick Around

My box rebooted once over the weekend. Everything was frozen for about 30 seconds, and rebooted.  Not to mention now I have that wildspread update issue and my box is not functional at all.  It's probably about time to switch to Fibe.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

bunch of people on DSL reports who had the update issue, are reporting it ok now.. they must be pushing the fix, etc or whatever for it, regionaly.
(as i dont think my region, ever go it at all in the first place)

remaxman

Tech came out said everything is fine. No reboots for a few days now.

Steve

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello remaxman

Honestly its not the box. It could be something else causing all this.

Anyways good to hear that the box has not done anything since then!. Hopefully it stays that way.

stuppiekitty
I've Been Here Awhile

I have net box3 and net box 2 and both of these are rebooting on a daily basis, sometime two & three times a day. Any ideas on the problem  

stuppiekitty
I've Been Here Awhile

You call Rogers about the problem and these people haven't got a clue as to what you're talking about. They send a tech to check on it and  the guy hasn't got a clue (USELESS) Never had these problems with Bell. If this problem doesn't get fixed soon sure as . not going to remain with Rogers.

they may reboot overnight, with the update.. (in the 12-2am range)

But that should be the only time..

I have had my NB3 since about release.. and it has only randomly rebooted ONCE.  Never on my NB2 which i had for 2 years.

power fluxuation?  An issue with the hard drive?  Is it in a cabnet, etc? (overheating)

stuppiekitty
I've Been Here Awhile

It is sitting out in the open, not getting hot. Reboots between 12-2:00 am daily then again later in the day and like today a 3rd time just a few minutes ago.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello stuppiekitty

It good be a lemon box. My NextBox 3.0 only reboots during the night 12-2am. Other then that i have my TV and Box on for 10-15 hrs a day on and never reboots unless i do it manually.

I would suggest going to the Rogers store and exchanging it for another one. See if that does it.

theweb2010
I've Been Here Awhile

Had this problem myself ...figured out it was the pvr extender on the bedroom pvr once i hooked it up the the main nextbox 3 no reboots as of three weeks...I too was fed up and ready to call it quits

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello theweb2010

That does it sometimes as well. I have read the same thing on here & on other forums where the PVR extender causes this

remaxman

No extender here.Box boots every morning at 2am. It will boot by itself or boot if you delete stuff. Sometimes it freezes up. Then I have to boot it. 

Steve

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello remaxman

Honestly tho its the same with Bell. All boxes seem to update during the night and either freeze ( like it u said). They are only electronics as i see it.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation