AND AGAIN! THE NETBOX 3 REBOOTS ON ITS OWN!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: AND AGAIN! THE NETBOX 3 REBOOTS ON ITS OWN!

Tech came out said everything is fine. No reboots for a few days now.

Steve
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello remaxman

Honestly its not the box. It could be something else causing all this.

Anyways good to hear that the box has not done anything since then!. Hopefully it stays that way.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have net box3 and net box 2 and both of these are rebooting on a daily basis, sometime two & three times a day. Any ideas on the problem  

I've Been Here Awhile

You call Rogers about the problem and these people haven't got a clue as to what you're talking about. They send a tech to check on it and  the guy hasn't got a clue (USELESS) Never had these problems with Bell. If this problem doesn't get fixed soon sure as . not going to remain with Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

they may reboot overnight, with the update.. (in the 12-2am range)

But that should be the only time..

I have had my NB3 since about release.. and it has only randomly rebooted ONCE.  Never on my NB2 which i had for 2 years.

power fluxuation?  An issue with the hard drive?  Is it in a cabnet, etc? (overheating)

I've Been Here Awhile

It is sitting out in the open, not getting hot. Reboots between 12-2:00 am daily then again later in the day and like today a 3rd time just a few minutes ago.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello stuppiekitty

It good be a lemon box. My NextBox 3.0 only reboots during the night 12-2am. Other then that i have my TV and Box on for 10-15 hrs a day on and never reboots unless i do it manually.

I would suggest going to the Rogers store and exchanging it for another one. See if that does it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Had this problem myself ...figured out it was the pvr extender on the bedroom pvr once i hooked it up the the main nextbox 3 no reboots as of three weeks...I too was fed up and ready to call it quits

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello theweb2010

That does it sometimes as well. I have read the same thing on here & on other forums where the PVR extender causes this
I'm a Reliable Contributor

No extender here.Box boots every morning at 2am. It will boot by itself or boot if you delete stuff. Sometimes it freezes up. Then I have to boot it. 

Steve