AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smiley3223
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: AMC

Hi,

It seems that AMC has disappeared from our channel lineup. It was always on channel 42 but it's now gone and a snowy channel. Will it be returning? I really hope so because it has my favorite shows and I refuse to pay the price of the other expensive packages.

Thank you,

Amanda

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi smiley3223

I am guessing you just watch TV with the cable straight from the wall into the TV? (This is called analog)

Rogers had announced almost 2 years ago that ALL analog tv will eventually be gone. Since about mid last year, they have been slowly removing analog stations. Every station removed has been announced on the cable bill in the TV section.

Now, while this may seem bad, without any aditional costs you can get your stations back (you don't have to go up to a higher package)

Contact Rogers and ask for a free DTA. To receive TV you will need a digital box of some form. These dta's are basic ones and will give you the basic 1-60 stations that you were able to get before on analog.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions be sure to ask 🙂

mattilaus
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually I have a box, AMC USED to be channel 55 and now that's FX and regular AMC is not listed on the channel list. Is AMC gone?

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Look around, you will likely find AMC on another channel.

On my TV AMC was on ch 59 and is now on 32., FX Canada is now on ch 59.
smiley3223
I've Been Here Awhile

I did look. Its gone. I even reprogrammed my channels and couldn't find it 😞 very disappointed. Will be calling rogers to see what's going on I guess.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. Try this.

I just checked on the rogers channel page HERE http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

In the bottom right hand corner for my area.

When i enter my province/city in the HD box section... then look through the list, lists AMC on 35, as well as the upper channel 482.

SD, shows the same (though it lists it as the FULL name not AMC for some reason).

Try putting in your province/city... and look through the list.
At WORST case.. try channel 482