AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svszabrszbrsbe
I've Been Around

Re: AMC

Hello everyone
As I big fan of the walking dead and other shows on amc.... I was upset by the posting I had seen last night non the walking dead. I am glad to say that I have found out that Rogers has no plans of dropping Amc as part of its channel line ups and they are currently in talks with AMC and are expecting a positive outcome. Hopefully this relieves everyone's concerns.

Thanks,

Jasmine Hutsulak

Technical Support Consultant

222 Newkirk Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 3S5
jasmine.hutsulak@rci.rogers.com

PIN: 231FEC04

Skataki
I've Been Around

I have heard about the cancellation of amc, this message was not sent by Rogers. However, before people get to upset, find out the facts first and then do what they must do. It is safe to say that if amc is dropped from the Rogers line-up, I will be forced to cancel my $300/monthly services with them.
dameatman1
I've Been Around

Based on the information from the Rogers rep that "we are currently in negotiations with AMC", i would guess that last nights message from AMC was a strong arm tactic to put pressure on Rogers during these negotiotians. By doing so they accomplish two things: 1) Show Rogers just how many of their customers were watching The Walking Dead last night, and indeed how many customers religiously watch AMC's programming. 2) Give Rogers a small taste of the backlash, and outcry that would come from Rogers either dropping AMC, or not securing AMC HD programming.

I would venture to guess that these "negotiantions" are about securing AMC HD content in Rogers channel lineup, and I would also venture to guess that currently Rogers does not want to cough up what AMC and Bell are asking for to secure these rights. One of Rogers negotiating chips may be, "well we can simply drop your programming alltogether", and AMC's response via last nights ploy was "really.." let's here what your customers would think of that?

Of course this is all just speculation on my part, but you know what? I'm inclined to think that some of this speculation makes a whole lot of sense from where i'm sitting.

Rogers, you have sat on your hands for far too long in terms of technology upgrades and agressive pricing, and taken for granted the Monopoly you held in the TV services realm. Well guess what, times have changed and i say shame on you for not only letting Bell (who was primarily a telco phone provider) eat your lunch in the TV services, but you also let them bully and spank you in your own damm playground! Rogers, wake up.. you are no longer ahead of the pack, you are in fact way behind on the following:

- TV content distribution

- Competitive pricing

- Product offerings and Technology (more specifically on this point, your supposed "next gen" HD and PVR boxes are using outdated yesteryear hardware, and are merely a software update that provides a more palletable "skin" that replaces the previous SD sickly purple menus with somewhat more esthetic HD Black and red menu's.

Really Rogers? Do you think that all of your customers are soo ignorant that we will just take what you give us and pay what you ask? Do you know why i'm still with Rogers cable TV programming? Because my Condo just happens to have an agreement with you folks, where a package is bundled into my condo fee's. But you know what? Even though i cannnot opt out of my Rogers cable TV package, more and more i am considering just paying twice for TV services and going with Bell TV. That's right.. you heard me.. I would consider paying for Bell TV in addition to my condo fee's which already bundle your crappy Cable TV service!

Although this message may fall on deaf ears, you should really consider that i am not alone in being fed up with you folks. Just look around at the thousands and thousands of complaints that you find from your customers on these forums alone!

Oh and FYI, i already do use CIA, aka Distributel for my internet and home phone services.. which from Day have been truly unlimited (no data caps whatsoever), and way cheaper then anything you folks ask for! I have been unlimited for over 3 years now, whereas just now you folks are gouging customers $10 - $30 in additional billing per month just for that same privelage! Not only are they allot cheaper, but the funny thing is their services run over your own cable, and use the exact same modems, since they lease their lines from you folks. At the end of the day this 3rd party can still afford to make a proffit and thrive by offering the EXACT SAME SERVICE over THE EXACT SAME NETWORK, so customers should start asking themselves, just how much price gouging is going on here?!

A very disatisfied customer!

ccrashh
I'm an Enthusiast

Yes, they do offer the addon for unlimited usage.  But at what other cost, other than the obvious massive $$ amount?  How about throttling your connection, for one.

Nope.  Neither of the major providers - Bell and Rogers - are worth the money people epend on them...not when there are many viable alternatives out there.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ccrashh wrote:

Yes, they do offer the addon for unlimited usage.  But at what other cost, other than the obvious massive $$ amount?  How about throttling your connection, for one.

Nope.  Neither of the major providers - Bell and Rogers - are worth the money people epend on them...not when there are many viable alternatives out there.

Since i have my other services with rogers, the unlimited is only $10 for me.  This brings my unlimited express plan, $2 more, than say techsavvy's unlimited of the same speed.

Throttling, SHOULD be gone.  emphasiss on the SHOULD.

http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest-mlab.php
That is a good link to check.  Its pretty much the world wide one used by most places to actualy test, if they are throttled or not.

I myself have ran it about weekly, and havent had it come up with any throttling.

ANYWAYS, lets keep this on AMC.

Hopefuly we will find out soon.. and hopefully not BAD news.

sm1
I've Been Around

I f Rogers drops AMC, I will drop all Rogers products phone internet cabal. And actively try and have as many friends and family, do the same. Just try Rogers.

fletch
I've Been Around

Can Rogers post something in reply to the inquiries ????

Maybe let the customers know what's happening and if there is any truth to the information ???

RogersSarah
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi there,

We phased out network management last year (as of Dec. 14, actually!).

Sarah

RogersSarah
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Fletch,

We have no intention of dropping AMC. We have been in negotiations with AMC and we expect a positive outcome. These types of negotiations with our programming partners are a normal and important part of our efforts to keep costs down and to provide our customers with the best TV and entertainment programming at reasonable rates.

Sarah

RF999
I've Been Here Awhile

Right now I feel like I'm already paying throunegh the nose to receive just a whole lot of "reality shows", which I have no interest in watching.  AMC is one of the few "go-to" channels left.  Hope negotations work out, cause the pickings are gett'n pretty slim.