AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: AMC

I really hope you reach a deal Amc hands down is a great channel.

I've Been Around

Everyone is hating Rogers. Why? Negotiations with AMC is currently ongoing. For all you know AMC is being the greedy monster and used that rolling banner on the Walking Dead as a tactic to get Rogers customers to do exactly what you are doing. Rogers has no intent on dropping AMC although after that underhanded tactic perhaps they should. Unfortuantely the misinformed will just blame Rogers. Remember that AMC has grown since the first contract 6 years ago and are most likely wanting the $$$ they think they deserve which would mean Rogers may have to pass that on to the customer. I'm not defending Rogers, I'm giving more info to the misinformed.

I've Been Here Awhile

Brilliantly put. Love this postings

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I recommend everyone taking a look at amc's Facebook page.
Apparently they not only did this to Rogers, but other providers like cable one in the US.

I hope a common ground can be reached. Popular channel, should be worth more $$ perhaps? Sure. But has to be reasonable.
(Rumors out of the US companies is that they have been asking upwards of 500% increase 😞 )

I've Been Around

Savvy customers should be using Rogers' internet service to stream and download shows from the networks Rogers wants you to pay them for...

***Edited for Content***

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

you cant really pick a side without knowing whats on the table... but one thing i do know is if AMC is gone, i'll be leaving Rogers.  It's nothing against Rogers, i actually think they are one of the best providers available to us up here.. but why pay for something that doesnt carry a show you love to watch?

I Plan to Stick Around

Some think Rogers is the first to have to deal with Amc now other will follow so Bell etc will have to deal with this as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

torontoTY wrote:

you cant really pick a side without knowing whats on the table... but one thing i do know is if AMC is gone, i'll be leaving Rogers.  It's nothing against Rogers, i actually think they are one of the best providers available to us up here.. but why pay for something that doesnt carry a show you love to watch?

I dont even really watch AMC, and i have been following this closely.  Thats why i went above just going by the  messages splashed on the screen... further into other providers and AMC.. finding that AMC has been doing this with others as well (not necessarily all, but some).

Do i blame someone for leaving over this, if its one of the main channels that they watch? NO. 

Unfortunately for me.. IF it was the case, i would be switching over to sub-par other TV where i am, just to gain the channel.. cancelations fees, etc..
Its much more worth it, if it does happen... to continue to watch the little i do from AMC, via Netflix or another venue (where i can get it in HD)

@reidjr wrote:

Some think Rogers is the first to have to deal with Amc now other will follow so Bell etc will have to deal with this as well.

As stated above.. Rogers isnt the first.. and may not be the last.

Will bell have this problem?? Who knows.  Bell has the AMC HD, so they are possibly more in better relations with AMC, and amc may not push the higher price with them.  We dont know.

IF AMC does too much of this, and too many providers descide NOT to cave and drop the channel, they may find them selves not getting enough money from providers then period. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Say it ain't so!

Rogers, if this is true you are about to lose some business. There are a ton of Walking Dead, Breaking Bad fans, etc.

AMC sent me an email with this information

dial 855-533-7262 or email keepamccanada.com to voice your displeasure with this decision

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From posted here, facebook, reboard, etc... rogers doesnt PLAN on removing AMC.

They ARE currently in negotiations for renewal of the station, but expect everything to go well. (so they say)

All the website/number you have posted there, as well as the banner add across the bottom of the screen that you see, have all

been posted by AMC, not rogers.

IF durrring this whole process, they are unable to come to an agreement with AMC.. there is the chance of the loss of the channel, and i understand if people choose to leave over it... but rogers isnt purposly trying to get rid of the channel 'just because' as many people seem to think.